GH: Discussion for the Month of August

• Members

I'm really starting to wonder if Jason could get his memory back. I never would have predicted that until now. The show was so adamant and absolute that Jason Quartermaine was gone forever. Any suggestion that he could come back was almost greeted with scorn. And Guza certainly loves Jason Morgan. But it is possible that the cancellation of OLTL and AMC, along with Katie's new show, has gotten them desperate. Maybe they feel they need something huge that will get fans to watch again, almost at the level of Luke and Laura returning in 1993.

Jason was in a car accident, just like he was all those years ago. And the show even referenced his frontal lobe, which I believe was a big issue with his original injury. It almost seems like their foreshadowing. Again, I would never have suggested this had he been in the same car accident last year. But I actually think that they may have reached the point where they've concluded that this is the only way to save the show.

• Replies 866
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Was this proven, like in a quote, because fans always impose their feelings on actors when they hate the character or storyline. I read he was frustrated with Jason Q because he wanted more challenging material, not that he flat out wanted nothing to do with playing him.

• Members

I remember him saying that brain damage was the best thing that ever happened to the Jason character and he said it in a derogatory way towards the Jason of yester-years. Seemed to me like there was no love lost between Steve Burton and the Jason Quatermain character. He prefers playing Jason Morgan.

• Members

Burton has stated he hated the sweaters and [!@#$%^&*] he had to wear, and of course he prefers playing Jason Morgan these days he doesn't have to do anything but blink...Back when he first became Jason Morgan, Burton actually acted and had stuff to do...now, not so much. Easy paycheck.

I wouldn't mind a hybrid of the two..At least let him remember his love for his family and also his mob life..There's no need not to.

Archived