GH: Discussion for the Month of August

• Replies 866
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Thank you

I'm not basing this on an entire arc but I am basing a decision on what I've seen thus far and its the same crap in a different package. The propping is unreal especially in dialog. I would assume its the script writers and its heavy handed it needs to be toned down honestly.

The two Qs (not including Tracey in this) are propping their asses off mainly Jason same thing as Guza would do if he would actually give "them a story." I guess I just wanted something anything outside of Jason Morgan and Michael Corinthos because they wrote them so badly because of these two...

I am glad Matt is finally getting something,

but everybody is still kissing Jason's bum well of course now since he got another hit to the head and he's in a coma and all that so? I'm not liking the way this story is being told so far...Wolf is a 15 yr protege of Bob Guza and I can tell when I watch this show that's all I'm saying at this point.

I criticize and give kudos to what I spend my time watching...I know I'm not part of the creative process I sure wish I were sometimes...

I can do both however when I criticize I still hope "I'm wrong" and will have to eat my words and I don't have a problem doing that at all. I'll say Oops

For me, there are some improvements I don't deny but there are many things that are "the same" for me in the storytelling that "I am seeing on the screen presently." He did say the effects of his writing will take hold by September that he was starting off slow then running so I expect some gallops in the coming weeks...

not the horse galloping I mean the storylines kicking in laugh.png

Jane A:

I thought what I am seeing is their rebuild both have been totally stripped of everything first Elizabeth now Lucky...the way I interpret their story their rebuild started somewhere when it was obvious the writing was being kinder to Lucky/Elizabeth...

with his marriage while (she sits around pining for him and being involved in his life e.g.) his father killing her son, the reveal of Aiden .....now he was on the ledge and he's a broken man (because of drugs) she was a broken woman (because of boinking his brother) but to me their rebuild was subtle but its been happening...I wish Elizabeth could just get away from Lucky and Shioban just for a minute that's all. Also the storyline could have been more interesting for me if Lucky hadn't been injected so fast at the beginning of his undercover work.

• Members

Because she's a soulless bitch with a heart of gold. It's always been ridiculous that even though characters hated her they had to flap their gums about what a great mother she is. The pimping was insane and now that characters are finally allowed to fight back, you have a character like Shawn so far up her ass he's eating her [!@#$%^&*]. And apparently whatever Shawn now says is gospel since he has suddenly become a moral compass. And speaking of, he was great against Sonny yesterday. I love it when he calls him "Mr Corinthos" because it's said with such disdain but he needs to drop it. Sonny doesn't deserve anyone calling him mister.

With the upcoming Sonny/Carly spoiler, If Garin can show Carly is finally aware she's a nasty, selfish creature who's trying not to fall back into old habits and willing to...*gasp*... change, then I can live with that.

ETA: Cyberologist, I get what you're saying because while I think there have been noticeable improvements the same three are still being pimped. And while Monica (and Edward) finally have screen time again, it's in the context of propping Jason.

Lucky spent an entire week being a stoned out druggie on hands and knees with pimped out flashbacks of LL2. It was overkill.

I hope there's really going to be true conflict between Dante and Sonny and Sonny finally be treated as the criminal he is.

Only time will tell if Garin delivers on his promises.

• Members

So now Kate is retconned back into being the great love of Sonny's life that got away? :rolleyes: Why coudlnt this happen when MW was around?

Notice how Olivia was only on for like 1-2 episodes a month this past year but the minute Brenda leaves, her airtime has increased significantly. Also HATE that it looks like she and Horse are back to being friends.

Matt...shut up

There's a new Emma? This is what, the third in a couple of months? At least this one is cute bc the last one was not.

• Members

I haven's seen today yet but... SERIOUSLY? Brenda left just last month, and yeah, I agree 'cause I fail to see why it couldn't be MW. She was perfectly fine in the role. I guess they wanted someone younger to feed Mo's ego.

And Olivia need to stay out of Sonny's business. It's not her job to save his ass so stop being a nosy wannabe.

• Members

Yeah Olivia and Carly were talking about it. Olivia said she didnt tell Sonny about Dante at first bc she didnt want him to feel stuck. She knew they werent a great love bc that was Connie. Olivia then proceeded to school Carly on how intense their love was and how they let each other get away. I guess this means Olivia wasnt his first love anymore. Heck it doesnt even seem like they were in love. She just got knocked up unfortuantely after things ended with her cousin

you and me both!

• Members

I like Shawn. He makes Carly tolerable.

Wow Monica was on all week. When was the last time that happened?

No follow-up on Mac walking in on Alexis, Coleman, & Diane at Jake's? Damn. I know some posters who really wanna see Alexis & Mac become a couple. :D

• Members

While I don't care about Mac and Alexis, I do want to see Mac get some kind of life. Something other than being a royal bitch to his officers or being overbearingly overprotective with Robin and Maxie as if they're 12 instead of grown women with their own respective lives, homes and careers. However, it's hard for me to invest in Mac & Alexis. Especially since whenever Mac and Alexis are around each other, they act as if they want to be anyplace but around each other.

• Members

Money...

Yep I got whiplash I went daYum that was quick now we're back to Bensonhurst Kate. It was really way over the top Olivia was pimpin' to a fair-de-well it was way too strong and too obvious but I guess they aren't wasting any time moving Sonny on...LoL

Elizabeth Korte / Michael Conforti are script writers or breakdown writers... The reason I asked is because his name was twice it was grouped with Tracey Thomson, Shelly Altman the with EK's.

• Members

Omg! The Johnny/Anthony scenes were incredible, LOVE that Anthony got Johnny a PIANO as a gift. I love that Garin uses the Zacchara's history (mainly Johnny's) to his advantage! Johnny used to always play the piano!! ;-). Loved watching/hearing him play "Moonlight Sonata" today. Fantastic!!

And it just brings back memories of my fav GH love story wub.png I wish Johnny could play the piano for Lulu again!

Garin Wolf gets points with me for not leaving the Zacchara's behind!

Carly and Olivia work much better as enemies, I don't really like seeing them as friends...but there's really nothing for them to fight over these days so I guess I get it. I love hearing Olivia talking about old times in Bensonhurst with Sonny and Kate! I just love when that whole Bensonhurst background is brought up. Looks like GH might be going for Olivia/Sonny/Kate again, though I'd much rather prefer Olivia/Sonny/Carly but doubt that'll happen since Carly herself said today that she's never going back to Sonny. It's probably for the best.

I'm really liking GH right now!

Michael Conforti is definitely a breakdown writer and Elizabeth Korte is GH's Script Editor. Occasionally, especially these days & also back when the Jake death story was going on, the breakdown writers would be writing scripts to. Not sure why though

• Members

Shawn is basically a mannequin. Does he ever change the tone of his voice or smile? I realize the actor is trying to be realistic, but this isn't real life and a little dramatic emphasis here and there might make the scenes more entertaining. He recites his dialogue with less drama than my local chinese take out does when they read my order back to me.

• Members

This is SO true!

Sam is nothing. She is Jasons ride or die bitch. End of story. She is there for that sole reason. This is why i cant invest or care about her. There is just nothing to her aside from encouraging jason to continue to be a killer/sonnys bitch.

Actually, the answer to where it all went wrong for them was his becoming an addict, sleeping with maxie, and shoving Liz...

I really liked what they were setting up with Nick/Liz at the start before JJ returning and Lucky had to be the man again. They were explaining that Liz felt obligated to Lucky for various reasons, and him to her for the kids. They are first loves with lots of baggage they cant let go. Thats why they always come back together and cant move on. But then JJ came back, it was all Liz's fault. Her w/ Nik became slutty and borderline malicious. Then Becky was fired, Liz was thrown further under the bus, and Becky ended up staying. GW really needs to invest in Liz and fix the damage and give her a good story cuz we all KNOW that JJ will be gone sooner than later.

Archived