GH: Discussion for the Month of August

• Members

The Carly and Sam interaction were the best thing about this show to me. KeMo and LW did a good job. I think Garin/Gavin is doing a good job with writing too. There were a lot of meaningful barbs Sam threw out there that she probably would have never gotten through under Guza. Of course Carly doesn't see it so she will remain in this caustic position in others lives while she still is under this fanciful belief that she is the perpetual victim. Nothing can really be done about that. She is just that deplorably self-centered, but still it was nice to see that there was a counter balance at work here.

• Replies 866
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

OMG! I'm right >>here<< with you on this. If they insist on writing the horse to be wild, untamed and out of control -- bucking, stomping, and neighing all over the place, they need to at least have people tell her to her face that her manure most certainly does stink! The last year and a half was beyond ludicrous! She went on rampages around town with people, practically, cowering in fear of her -- when she was the one who was 9 out of 10 times in the wrong! But Guza would NOT let her be told off at all! And if they did tell her off (people like Robin or Liz), the writing would make it out to seem like Carly's this superior woman they're all jealous of. It was bizarre!

• Members

2vdpsfs.gif

LOVE Garin's Sam! Just saw her slap some horse sh-t! Also LMAO at Monica's facial reactions to the scene

ehf1u1.gif

I was waiting for Monica to get up and say something and then she did this

21b66mh.gif

Also loved how the two gave Horse the dirty look.

Sonny pulling a gun on Edward mad.gif

I completley skip over Michael and Abby scenes. And to think I loved them when they started

I really would be satisfied if Jax took Josselyn and was never seen again. Carly should never be allowed to see her again. Let her wonder in fear where she is and how she is doing

The top of Skye's dress is ugly a hell

• Members

It's fascinating to me, and a little surprising, how easily Monica has fit back into the canvas over the last few weeks. I know it probably won't last, but it's a good reminder that recurring vets can still have an impact on scenes even after being made irrelevant for years and years.

• Members

Blast away. Still on Team Carly. Sam telling Carly that she used Jake’s death to get Jason to go rescue Josslyn was really hypocritical. She watched Jake get kidnapped and did nothing. Monica can shut up too. She did everything she could to get baby Jason out of her house, even was willing to sell him. Love the dog finding Shaun.

33bo8kk.jpg

21d0myd.jpg

• Members

I dont know but it really shoudlnt matter. Regardless of how she originally felt when he was born,. that was her son. She raised and loved him and has done so throughout the years, even after he walked away and rejected her. She has every right to feel something for him, especially now when he's fighting for his life.

• Members

"Blast away."

Thanks! I love an invitation. It makes something I was going to do regardless a lot less cumbersome!

First of all, unless we're redefining "hypocritical," Sam staying silent while watching Jake get kidnapped is not the same as Carly using Jake's death to manipulate Jason into doing her bidding. So, that feeble argument is over right off the bat.

Secondly, for Carly to have the audacity to tell Sam that she doesn't know what it's like to lose a child -- Sam should've horsewhipped that swayback nag! Sam, like her or hate her, went through a nightmare no mother should have to go through. Having a stillborn child. Carly's the idiotic bitch that has no idea what it's like to lose a child. She's the one who went to Jason and begged him to harvest Jake's organs to save her daughter minutes after Jake was declared brain dead. She's the one who was still talking trash about Liz while standing at Josslyn's bedside after Josslyn received Liz's son's organs.

Third, Sam was absolutely right. Carly's afraid Jax is going to take Josslyn, so she goes directly over to Jason's and wastes time pleading and begging him to go with her -- instead of going straight to Josslyn first?

Yeah. Goooo Team Carly! Let's see what other selfish acts of idiocy this gnarly horse has to offer.

Surprised? It's right up Carly's alley. She doesn't care about Jason -- just about what Jason can do for her. He's out of commission, so he's useless for now.

• Members

It would have been nice if Carly, after her two miscarriages, would remember what Sam went through, but perhaps she doesn't consider that a "real" child. The Liz/Carly/Sam dynamics would be a goldmine for the GH of yesteryear.

I can't believe Michael told Abby he took her from the pole. I'm not entirely sure if we're supposed to be horrified or see him as being in the right.

I wonder how much longer this story about Robin being a bad chief of staff will go on. I can't tell if they're saying she's incompetent because she's a woman or because her husband cheated on her.

• Members

I loved Monica leaning on Sam as that was good stuff, but its sad that Sam is really all she has.She has no one else to turn to to help her through her grief. There's Edward but he was busy with Skye. Anyone else that would care for her through her worrying about Jason is already dead

I mentioned that the other day. It made sense that she didnt go straight to Joss and on the way call Jason over there. No she had to troop on over to his PH and waste time. I love how Sam kept bringing up so many good points and shutting her up in the proces

• Members

I found this to be ridiculous as well. It's hidden a bit better with the Liz/Carly scenes but it comes out full force whenever Robin/Carly or Sam/Carly have scenes together. I guess we are supposed to buy that all these women are just jealous of Carly because well she is the ideal woman or something. Robin can't be mad at Carly because she has torpedoed her closest friends relationship, no that's not the -real- reason Robin is angry. It's because she is secretly jealous because Patrick is attracted to Carly! Well Robin keep your man in check, don't be hatin' on more than a woman Carly! *snap*.

Same thing with Sam, Sam can't say anything about Carly treating Jason like a lap dog because well she is just jealous because she has men in her life who care about her, and poor Sam is just jealous because Carly is getting more attention then her. Sam is just envious of Carly because she has men in her life who care about her and she needs to back off and mind her business. We got that when Carly made that comment that she is in 'all of her men's lives' (Sonny, Jason and Jax) while Sam was out in the cold and forgotten. See it's not Carly's fault she treats Jason like crap, Sam is just jealous and doesn't appreciate the pure awesomeness that is Carly! If she did she would have no problem with her. Sam has no point what so ever.

Even with Liz it's about her not being woman enough to deal with the mob world that Carly just so effortlessly fits into so Liz is to scared to be Carly and that's why she doesn't deserve Jason. She isn't enough woman for Jason. Because well if she really loved Jason she would accept the risk and death warrant that comes with being with him and well if she died it would be her damn fault regardless because she wasn't as strong as Carly. Carly takes a bullet to the brain and still comes out on top she is super woman!

It was the same with Brenda too. Brenda don't be mess with Carly you are just imagining that she is disrupting your life and is making you a second rate citizen in your own home. If you were more like Carly then Sonny would pay more attention to you. Be more like Carly.

It just makes everything worse that there seems to be something so deeply misogynistic and anti-woman about this Carly. It makes her unbearable. I find it ridiculous that no one has slapped her down yet. She is just so hateful and spiteful towards other women who she views as entrenching on her territory.

So much word to this.

Archived