OLTL: Discussion for the week of August 1

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well, yeah, and that's another defining difference here. TSJ's Todd and Tea were just fondly recounting their violent episodes in the last couple months, when she had him tied up at the lodge. The vibe was "lol, we so crazy." What's the first thing RH's Todd does when he comes back and sees her? He apologizes for how he treated her. And I think that was right, because that's how he left their relationship in 2002. He made amends and made peace, which is why I thought it was sad and stupid when he got back to the mainland and didn't even call the Coast Guard and resumed having a bug up his ass with everyone for not forgiving him for Jack immediately. It was more stupid writing at that time, but I am glad that today, this week, his Todd has picked up that thread properly.

• Members

As for evolution? I am all for it which is why I cheered TSJ's Todd and Blair, finally after decades of using their kids as weapons, putting an end to Starr Wars, once and for all. THAT evolution didn't occur under RH's Todd as he was lying and plotting how to steal Starr and Jack again just before his departure in 2003.

I also saw Todd evolve where he could actually FORGIVE a woman for lying to him without FIRST torturing her with some cruel revenge scheme. But interestingly enough when Todd forgives Tea, he's called OOC.

It's very, very selective evolution you applaud.

The Todd of the last few years is hated by everyone in town EXCEPT a few people who love him despite his faults and crimes. John, Rex, Marty continually call him a monster and he's still written as the town pariah. Todd was given his RICHES and FANCY HOME in 1995 NOT 4 years ago.

I was watching during Victor LORD and he exploited Merrys, Tony, Joe and especially Viki's weaknesses for his own selfish ends. And that is what Todd did in 1998 when he exploited Viki's DID, which is why she said he reminded her of father.

• Members

He said a lot of things back then. What I remember is the last time he saw Blair, where he agreed to leave but told the cop at the door he was coming back. What he did was go into that crypt.

That Todd has never forgiven Tea. At a moment's notice he brings up the past with Dani and Ross in any argument, about anything, then calls her a bitch and a traitor and rages when she does not immediately roll over, though she always does. Or have we forgotten how he met Vimal?

And Kelly, and Viki and Clint and Jessica and...well, the list goes on. It is nowhere near the kind of aura that surrounded Todd in the old days. The Todd of the last several years is domesticated despite some unbelievably atrocious actions - he invites people to engagement parties for himself and his bride (in the house where he raped Marty) so they can enjoy the musical stylings of his new daughter, after he has just saved the town from a violent serial killer. People weep at his bedside as he is shot by a sniper or beaten up by the son of his rape victim; Sure, he's bad...but this guy who dislikes him is worse! We should've trusted Todd all along! Quick, everyone rush to help him save the day! He has become Sonny Corinthos. It's Frons's ABC.

What do we call the Rapehaus? Who sleeps in that swank room he raped Marty in? Danielle?

And she forgave him. How she forgave him for raping again, and stealing Hope, is beyond me.

• Members

Well, let's be fair to both women. Neither of their first weddings to Todd were a fairy tale. And Todd and Tea's vows last summer(?) were no picnic. A wedding ceremony in and of itself does not equal a fairy tale. And with the exception of 1995 I never really liked any of those big lush ceremonies. 2007 was okay, but that was because it was very casual and they didn't pretend it was a big deal or the greatest love of all. I hated 2001. And last fall's thing, and 2009, which was humiliating for Tea. And the less said about the glass coffin the better.

• Administrator

TSJTodd is better!!! NO!!! RHTodd is better!!! NUH UH!! YEAH!!! NOOO!!!! *sticks up middle finger*

Is it really worth it? I'm just enjoying this storyline right now - maybe it's because I like both Todds and I don't really care who turns out to be the real Todd or who gets Blair or Téa.

Also, please don't post links to youtube channels that uploads full episodes!!! You gotta be sneakier than that! Use the PM! wink.png

• Members

As for Baker, you sound like RC defending his silly plot point. He could have confronted his family the last 2 months of stalking but didn't.

The reality is this was the FIRST time he had Baker under his power. Here is the man who tortured him for 8 long years and moreover who holds ALL the answers and he ho hum just leaves him tied up. Todd would have grilled Baker and at least swung a few punches at him.

My point was clean up your own home first before blaming it all on ABC. Fans who beg with gleeful anticipation over seeing a man punch a woman or celebrate it by playing it over and over in clips are the misogynists ABC caters to.

If that is what you got from my posts, then you got it wrong.

RC ignored or forgot that Todd has a hair trigger temper and CAPTIVITY stresses his temper badly as he can't stand ot be restrained in any way.

RH's most famous scenes are of a raging Todd. It's not RH's fault, it's RC's writing. He's not giving him any dark chilling moments to match the infamous, chill inducing dark music.

Um, so did RH's Todd. And though he later showed remorse, that remorse didn't stop him from wrecking his victim's life in 1997.

TSJ at least stopped Tomas's plot to imprison Marty forever and insisted she deserved better so at least this time he helped her get her HEA with Patrick.

Archived