OLTL: Discussion for the week of August 1

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm not an expert on the subject since I've only watched OLTL off and on for the past 20 years and I've detested the character pretty much since he led the gang rape on Marty, but I remember at one point Todd claimed the man who raised him (Peter Manning, I think?) sexually abused him and beat him. I'm not sure if he was just lying to get away with something or not. If it's true, it would explain why Viki keeps cutting him slack.

• Members

Yeah, Todd faked it, and I rewatched that entire storyline on YouTube this past week. That [!@#$%^&*] has not aged well - the goofy "alters," everyone coddling it - and I didn't like it at the time.

As for Natalie, Todd agreed to hand her over to Mitch in exchange for Blair. He had no intention of actually doing so, but he did drug her and Cristian and he did abduct Natalie in order to take her to the meet-up, and then, predictably, things went bad. He did apologize to Cris and Natalie, for whatever that was worth.

I didn't believe the Buchanans - or Viki who was pretty much the sum total of the Buchanans on the canvas at that time, other than Bo and Asa - were willing to sacrifice Natalie and make that "Sophie's Choice" that "Victor" demanded. But they did force some angst on that point for weeks afterwards.

The idea that TSJ's Todd is some deep, feeling animal these days is horseshit. Oh, how sad - he threw himself off a building because his rape victim wouldn't love him. My heart bleeds. He was helpless, you see - he has to let his lawyer get him off the hook, he can't simply plead guilty to what he knows he did. He can admit it in public only after he has been acquitted. Then he can go off, get married to his lawyer, keep his money, his power, and then use it to crush the one woman who consistently rejected him. By 2010, TSJ's Todd was back to calling Marty a crazy bitch who had come to town for the sole purpose of hurting him - presumably he meant in 2006, as opposed to in 2008 when he carried her in his arms back to his house and kept her brain-damaged ass there for months before re-raping her. He air quoted what he "did to her" and laughed in her face. He's also called it 'what you think I did to you.' He does not believe he did anything wrong there, not really. He has proven that over and over. Even his happy talk to her when he put her on that plane was a lot of condescending bullshit - TSJ's performance was extremely "yeah, whatever, get on the plane, you crazy bitch," and a couple days before he was handing Tomas a gun and telling him to "take care" of Marty. He didn't care about Marty. He wanted Marty out of the way so no one could expose him or that disc. Yeah, I remember his early days as Todd. He was human then. He hasn't been in a long time.

Archived