OLTL: Discussion for the week of August 1

• Members

LOL! Loved the way Shawn said "Yeah, I know whose fault it is; if he wasn't in rehab over in Philadelphia, I would BEAT his ass!"

Whoever's idea it was to fully shave RH's beard made a bad decision! Wish he could've kept it or at least some stubble. Hate the clean shaven look on him. Anyways, loved his scenes with KA today. Very well done!

ETA: WAIT, hold up! I typed that as I was watching the show, now I just saw the ending. Did he magically grow that stubble on the way to Frodd's house?! I swear that was not there when he was in that jail cell ;-O lol

How pathetic Dani's been left in the dark this whole time & still has no clue!!...I guess they're saving that drama for later. Should be good. I think Kelley Missal will do great

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The suicide attempt was so poorly done. He looked like he belly-flopped offcamera, and was fine and dandy in no time. Worst of all was the show used this as an opportunity to ignore the bad relationships he had with his kids and Viki and instead make them, especially Jack, into Todd groupies. This, Marty as Tori from Saved by the Bell, and the KAD disaster were all variations on no one knowing how to end the story.

2009 was the year the show tried to ignore the Tarty story as much as possible in order to push Todd/Tea and Todd the stud, and their miracle child. Blech.

• Members

I will grant you this, and for a while today Iw as worried Todd wouldn't be upset that some guy got Starr pregnant. However I do wish SOMEONE would mention how heinous it was when Todd planned to give Victor Natalie's heart. I honestly am not sure ANYTHING NuTodd has done since then has been worse.

• Members

Three books you mean (sadly we can buy only one :P ) I actually liked the Starr book reveal, but it did bug me at the same time... Because I don't buy that ALL of those weird details Starr mentioned would be in any book Starr didn't write herself, particularly an unauthorised one (but then again Todd did randomly say that SHE picked a good pic of him, when I doubt Starr would have anything to do with an unauthorised bio)

• Members

It annoys me too--particularly since RC was the one who wrote Vicki kicking Tina to the curb for trying to protect her own daughter... It'd be diff if Vicki was all forgiving, but... I was just waiting for her to say "yes he's almost allowed Natalie to die, one time orchestrating it, several times--but he's like a child." Sigh.

• Members

That's spot on. I still say TSJ wasn't lazy (well, usually...) and that he found the only possible way to play some of the material he was given. When things started getting too crazy for RH's Todd, the actor would just leave (OK I exagerate, but I still think the Heart story was written partly cuz they knew RH was leaving...)

• Members

On the other hand when it comes to defending your sister, who you knew a lot longer, no less, and did a lot less crazy stuff... I mean, child molestation and rape aren't quite the same thing, and this is a touchy subject I prob shouldn't delve into--but Vicki was sexually abused, Todd wasn't (that I remember). Todd went on to rape--shouldn't this strike a larger chord in her than anything Tina did?

• Members

The ONLY time I've found RH remotely attractive, excepting maybe his very early Loving and OLTL days, was with the facial hair. Even if it did seem particularly nice that the place he was locked up in trimmed and maintained his beard so nicely (then again soaps have people coming back from comas with perfect new hairdos, etc)

• Members

The Heart of a Lord story made sense in that Todd was, if I remember correctly, trying to protect Jessica. It was an awful story but I can believe that anyone in the family would have sacrificed Natalie for Jessica. They see her as inferior to Jessica.

The story where he let Tess run wild and was fine with Natalie almost dying was a story where he only had the vilest and most selfish reasons for staying quiet, and he actually got a cheap thrill out of Jessica's pain, shown again in his glee at learning Ford had raped her.

• Members

While I do agree with that, I don't think Vicki should have ANY reason to have forgiven Todd for the Heart of a Lord story. I guess if she does see him, as we know "know" as a child, she could see it as him just working hard to protect Jess at all costs, but, still... (Again, particularly when she turned on Tina).

• Members

He didnt do it to protect Jessica. It was to protect Blair. Mitch had her kidnapped and it was exchange, Blair for Natalie. Todd was hating on her big time when this happened bc she had recently dumped him and seemingly flirting around with Troy. I guess despite his negative feelings towards her, he couldnt let her as the mother of his child stay in Mitch's clutches, so he was willing to send Viki's daughter off to die instead.

Archived