OLTL: Discussion for the week of August 1

• Members

Maybe not....but he still could have said...."I always thought they would have had a daughter" or something like this....just a throw away line as a wink to the audience or something...

And, with all of this rewriting of history and glossing over timelines (Cole's age and gender, Dani's birth, etc...) it would not surprise me if they did that...

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Cheap, you got a clip for everything! laugh.png

I don't mind Destiny's pregnancy s/l, it just needs to be taken up a few notches from your typical After School Special fare... which may or may not be coming down the pike. I'm anxious for them to wake Matthew the furk up (and also have him deal with this Nate situation), work in Charlene to give Shaun some more to do than just wring his beefy hands over his little sister, spill the beans about Vivian or whatever, I mean, is it official that Deanna is Splitsville and there's no connection?

I like My Two Todds, but the story feels so... heavy to me. Like, "*deep exhale* Here we go again sorting through a pile of new retcon information to accept as fact. For now." What I'm most curious about is how life is going to be for RHTodd and family once this is all worked out. Hunky dory, everything back to normal? Is there time for normal? Is there time for Todd to do anything else on this show besides this big return? Will RH even be interested in doing On Line to Live? "These questions, and many others..."[/Rod Roddy]

• Members

I was actually wondering that as well..What happens to Tea? RH is obviously interested in Blair? Does Jack eventually just accept RH? And what about Dani. She has absolutely no connection to the RHTodd...And does Blair keep Sam? Sooo many questions, is there tiiiiiime?

• Members

It's interesting because when she was going through her monologue of Todd's misdeeds and his dark history they would pan to TSJ. When she talked about him having the capacity for love and doing kind deeds they would pan to RH. The writing is so heavy handed when it comes to to portraying TSJTodd as a monster as opposed to the kinder, gentler RH. However I found the scenes between Vicki and John real, as in, not the usual superficial bland writing OLTL is known for. It was great that John could notunderstand her blind acceptance of a rapist because he was a cop. The fact that he said in his line of work criminals used the daddy excuse to be rapists and pedophiles was refreshing. It would have been interesting to see the relationship between RHTodd and him with this type of writing. No matter who plays Todd, John should have a permanent disdain for the character on principle without the hokey pokey bullshit, comedic dynamic of the last five years

• Members

Holding 12+ people hostage with a bomb strapped to his chest (or so he led them to beleive), which caused a heart attack of a man, wasnt sociopathic? Killing Guy Armitage with no remorse wasnt sociopathic? Neither was punching his wife in the face and throwing her out in the cold naked? Stalking, terrorizing and attempting to rape Nora while she was blind? Being a serial rapist? Giving Jack away and telling Blair he was dead? Shooting RJ bc he was jealous Tea was with him? Really, RH's Todd was never a sociopath?ohmy.png

• Members

He didnt feel remorse when Guy was killed. To him, he was at the wrong place at the wrong time. He didnt feel remorse when he gave Natalie to Mitch, Viki's rapist and almost got her heart cut out.He laughed about that and cracked a joke. He didnt feel bad that he nearly killed RJ bc to him that was a means to an end. Todd wasnt always sorry for the stuff he did; he was sorry he got caught

And TSJ Todd has shown remorse for some of the stuff he's done. Its not fair to say thats never been the case

And you know what? I respect that. At least thats a very honest response

Archived