OLTL: Discussion for the week of August 1

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

So I did. The above point stands. You can argue about where it happened, or you can argue about the show has treated that piece of [!@#$%^&*] since the rapemance. I understand why you might want to focus on the location.

• Members

As for Todd LORD, Marty was KISSING HIS ASS that's how romanticized he was in 1995. In contrast, Marty has SPIT on Todd the last 3 years so right there is a huge difference. Hel

Cheap21 rightly pointed out you've changed your points to suit your spin several times and you keep messing up all these details too.

1) they didn't renew their vows really. They had Viki teasingly pronounce them man and back from the dead wife.

2) The party wasn't at Todd's house. It was held at the Palace.

I don't care to bother to debate further with someone who doesn't watch the show closely or remember it correctly as I find that selective memory thing most annoying about these endless debates with you.

• Members

You never saw her improve but didnt you not watch the show till recently? Did you watch her when she first joined and had that to compare to her when they did her storyline with Greg? I thought she was better for that stuff. Not great, but definetly not cringeworthy.

• Members

It would have been interesting to see the writing for RHTodd if OLTL continued considering he's being portrayed as a man who simply wants to reclaim his life. With Starr saying the way he acted during the Cole era isn't the man she remembered, clearly they're distancing his characterization of Todd from TSJ's and making him sympathetic. Which is a far cry from his darker history. The writing for TandB would be just as interesting since their entire relationship is based in dysfunction. They definitely would have had to find the right balance to stay true to the character and T/B with this reincarnation of a gentler Todd who needs McBain's help to solve his problems.

• Members

And of course the ways soaps are done to be cheaper on budget (and we all know OLTL is the most under budget tv show in the history of tv) means far less rehearsal time, etc, which is ok for vets with the genre, not for green characters. I DID think Destiny improved (not a ton, but she got watchable)--I think part of the prob is she doesn't handle heavy material well. As for Jack I actually thought he was SLIGHTLY improving a few weeks back, but the past while he's been back to his sing song "I just memorised this" line readings.

I won't even start how annoyed I am about this rewriting of Todd's past--everyone suddenly realizing how NuTodd was doing all this kinda stuff oldTodd wouldn't? Please, in what world. :rolleyes: NuTodd did play it more aloof, though I think that was partly cuz TSJ had some so left field storylines that there was no other way to play it. But as others have mentioned, what about RH's Todd exit story with Victor and the heart? Will that get mentioned? (Did Carlivati even have a story in mind when he had Dorian say something we never heard to Vicki about Victor at Asa's Funeral?

That said, credit where due, I've enjoyed watching this week (Ghost Gigi aside) and Carivati HAS connected the Two Todd story loose strings better than I expected him to do.

• Members

I somewhat agree with this. I don't think SE is THAT bad, but there is a lot of room for improvement. AT as you said has slightly improved, but he has his work cut out for him.

If you've read other boards, people have been say all along that NuTodd does things Todd wouldn't do. Todd hasn't been written that great for a long time.

Archived