OLTL: Discussion for the week of August 1

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

TSJ said his contract was up and he would be filming his last scenes, but he had expressed staying past his final air date but the producers decided to keep going without him. So I'm sure they had already gotten RH to come back when that was decided.

• Members

Yes. In SOD it said that he wanted to bolt when his contracted expired in April, but they asked him to stay for an extra 3 months. (I guess they knew RH was returning at this point), they also appeased him by giving him a vacation to do other things. (Which is why Todd was shot and in a coma). When the show was canceled, TSJ offered to stay until the end but FV and RC had already written and planned the show without his salary in it and it was too late to undo it. I am sure if they could have they would kept him.

They have catered to him for the past 8 years, do you guys honestly think they would just throw him out for RH? They wanted both.

• Members

After the show was canceled, TSJ offered to stay a few more months to wrap up the show which was a nice offer IMO as he's badly needed for this story to really work.

But I don't buy RC couldn't undo his plans as RC admitted he scrambled like mad to rewrite May Sweeps to fit RH who signed last minute. Also TSJ offered to go recurring which is a lower daily base rate.

I just think FV made a very poor decision that he didn't need TSJ for this story past the reveal.

JMO.

• Members

I'm a fan of both RH and TSJ's Todd. And yes they do exist as I venture to guess majority of offliners feel the same way.

RH is doing very good with the emotional material but RC is writing him as a wimpy, gentle sad litttle [!@#$%^&*] and that's not his strengths as Todd Manning. He does rage, violence and scary ass alpha stuff much better.

Ironically today both RH and TSJ were delivering emotional vulnerable portrayals of Todd. I found both compelling.

FL is the one really impressing me. She's knocking her material out of the park. KA is doing good work but ES fell a little flat to me today and TK/KDP are just bores.

• Members
He's pretty much writing him as Todd post 1998. The character has been a joke since he left the show that year and he was not the dark, complex character he once was when he returned in 2000. RH's current portrayal is consistent with what the character eventually evolved into. RH was very off back then and it was almost like 2 different characters. The material just wasnt there

IA on FL. She's been amazing. I wonder where they will go with Tea bc they made it clear that RH is in love with Blair. Would they redo that triangle? Thats all I can see as I dont see them bringing on someone new for her. Id stick her with RH and continue on with Blair and Tomas bc I like them together

Much like RH has been bored to death of the Todd character before he left.

Archived