OLTL: Discussion for the week of August 1

• Members

His family was more important to him than cheap thrills at that moment.

I hate to be the one to break this to you, but I am not responsible for other posters on this board, nor am I a devout member of any fanbase, nor am I an appointed representative of anyone. I'm not going to be asked to answer for other people enjoying watching someone get socked in the face.

Which is why he broke out.

He's been a vengeful, lurking fugitive for months, beating people up, waving a gun around, shooting people. What do you need them to do, play some Collective Soul? Break out the hair extensions?

Yes, in a dumb story. The point is, TSJ raped again, years later, destroying his Todd's humanity. And then mocked it.

And yet, if all had gone to plan he would have run off to New Mexico with her himself years ago. But since she "betrayed" him by learning the truth, she's just a crazy bitch worthy of the airquotes.

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I was talking about all of Todd and Blair/Tea's weddings. The first Todd and Tea wedding in 1997 was all business. The second one was some sort of Tim Burton fetish thing. The one in summer 2010 - "no picnic" - was the quiet affair they had where she was dying of cancer. But their weddings in 2009 and late 2010 were awful, mawkish "my prince has come" affairs, post-rapemance. That's what I meant.

• Members

Now its all of Todd's weddings to both women? You just said the post-rapemance weddings when I asked you what you were talking about. There were only 2 of those, TSJ's 2 weddings to Tea. You said the 2009 was a humiliating one for Tea. Todd only married Tea once in 2010 and as you said it was a quiet affair

• Members

And did a lot of things too as he spent their last year concocting one plot after another to steal Jack and Starr, and he left vowing to take them back. Sorry, Starr Wars ended under TSJ when both T&B agreed to stop using their kids as weapons against each other. THAT was real evolution for both characters. There was none of that in 2003 when they were still hell bent on Starr Wars.

Sure he forgave her but he hasn't forgotten. That's a distinction you miss. Neither has Téa forgotten all the hurt he's inflicted on her. That's who they are, they throw the past in each other's faces when they are angry.

As for rolling over for Todd, no one did that more than Blair when she forgave him for throwing out Jack and can of dirt.

But it's true both women have taken too much crap from Todd.

Jessica hasn't lauded Todd in years. Kelly and Viki I give you but WTF show are you watching that Clint supports Todd when he loathes him? And the feeling is mututal.

And characters keep throwing those atrocious actions in his face and it's John who is lauded as the town hero not Todd. The difference between Sonny and Todd is stark. Cops like Lucky and Dante, and the "good" people of PC laud Sonny all the time. Todd has few defenders, the town WORSHIPS John.

Um, you mean stealing Jack as he didn't steal baby Hope. He had 2nd thoughts and proved a better man who did NOT fake babies death and hand moms cans of dirt.

• Members

Ah, yes, but you pointed out the many times both Todds married. I went through all of those weddings to demonstrate that not all of Tea or Blair's weddings to Todd(s) were "fairy tales," only certain ones for either woman. For instance, I found Todd and Blair's wedding in 2001 pretty nauseating.

I thought they also renewed their vows in the fall, after Tea was rescued from Eli and Greg. If I'm wrong, so be it, but that whole party they did at the Rapehaus with Dani singing, etc. goes back to my original point - coronation of a unrepentant sociopath as the town saint who saves us from the "real" bad guys in his house o' rape. See also: Sonny Corinthos.

• Members

The 2009 wedding was humiliating for BLAIR. Todd's vows were quirky but he admitted she saved him and was the one person who never gave up on him then he planned a very romantic wedding night for them. Blair was the one left humiliated on the boat screaming like a fishwife.

The 2010 wedding was very poignant and sweet.

So I don't know WTF Vee is talking about either, Cheap21.

• Members
But see, you'r contradicting yourself, bc you made it seem as if they've only done this romantic "fairytale" spin with TSJ, but you just acknowledged that it was happening when RH was in the role as well. Thank goodness you mention his last 2001 wedding to Blair bc thats as about as romantic the character has ever been at a wedding, regardless of who was playing the role.

No they didnt renew their vows. They had the wedding reception they didnt have the first time. And they were barely the focus of that event anyway

• Members

He didn't learn much, though, did he? Why else steal Starr's baby, or deny Marty (who was at that time quite sane) visitation to Hope? He did that because he wanted to [!@#$%^&*] with her - no other reason - and she wasn't bedridden and rapeable anymore. He wanted to completely subjugate her.

Nothing he does with that story sounds like forgiveness to me.

You can keep bringing this up, but you can't face the here and now: TSJ's Todd is a man who raped again, tried to steal his grandchild, abused his children and laughed about it, and got away with it. This has nothing to do with which woman he did what to. This is about the two men. Todd #2 is a sociopath.

The entire community has been giving Todd tacit support since mid-2009 or so. First over Powell, then Ross, then Eli and so on. It's all about shining up Todd's character when the show realized they went way, way too far in 2008, but they never bothered to actually redeem the character - he stayed horrible, and people around him just made excuses or let him off the hook.

Until now, TSJ's Todd was regularly validated by John first. "I wonder who could be after Todd this time...maybe there is something up with Eli...maybe Ross is bad news...Manning's trouble but this is so much worse..." etc etc, ad nauseum.

The fact that he would even think of revisiting that sin upon his daughter - doubling down on the worst thing he had ever done before 2008 - is beyond the pale. I have no doubt he would have still left with Marty had he not been found out.

We all know what he did to Jack was unspeakable. When are you going to deal with the fact that TSJ's Todd never paid for the rapemance and laughs about it to this day?

• Members

That's not what I said at all. What I said to TeamEric was that the real "Todd Lord" that keeps being alluded to is a rapist prince who is lauded by the town as a hero and a joy to all mankind - and while certainly RH's Todd had several somewhat gaudy weddings to both Blair and Tea, that "Todd Lord" was TSJ post-rapemance through and through, AFAIC. A remorseless sociopath dressed up in top hat and tails. And my point stands about their "celebrate our love in my house o' rape" gala in late 2010.

As for why the 2009 wedding was humiliating - well, a) it was less than a year after the rapemance. And B) it devolved into screaming and a public spectacle between Todd and Tea as Todd giggled to the attended guests about their sex life at the altar. It was Benny Hill meets Special Victims Unit. I may not be Todd and Tea's biggest fan, but I felt terrible for their fanbase.

• Members

If you go back and look at the original post, my larger point was not the house which I don't think I even mentioned at the time, it was the glamorization and romanticization of this man who had re-raped Marty and then laughed in her face, abused Starr and Dani and then marginalized all of it. He was touted as a local hero for ridding the world of far worse insta-villains and threw a bash for himself. And the show presented it as a romantic public affair for Todd and his family. Good old Todd. He's not so bad! Champagne wishes and caviar dreams! Oh, look, the Empire State Building! (Well, that was the previous summer that they did their romantic field trip)

Archived