OLTL: Discussion for the week of August 1

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well Higley's execution story for one. That whole thing had him reflecting about the awful things he had done in his life and expressing remorse. When he reunited with Tea last year he expressed remorse for the awful treatment he gave her over the previous months

• Members

Didn't he also apologize to Marty for the rapemance? If my memory is correct, he attempted suicide because Marty said it would make her happy and she would finally be free of him. Even after that he tried to make amends, but Marty wanted none of it. He did show remorse and admitted he raped her a second time.

• Members

I'm not the Todd history expert that some of you are, but I think a lot of this remorseful vs. apathetic Todd stuff may come down to RH's and TSJ's approaches to the role more than to the writing itself. RH always played Todd's anger with this on the verge of tears mania which conveyed hurt (and may have *looked* more remorseful than it actually was at times), but nonetheless, telegraphed a glimpse of humanity to the viewer. TSJ is not one to tip Todd's emotional hand a-tall as his sister would say. He is one to deadpan and if there are hints of sub-textual hurt or self-doubt in his choices, you more than likely have to go digging for them. His Todd armor is up and strong with the occasional outbursts like screaming someone's head off or kicking Cole's ass. TSJ's Todd's cool looks like (and may very well be at times) laziness that some fans complain about. I've said this before, but TSJ is Todd on reefer while RH is Todd on coke. And interestingly enough, TSJ's approach to the role for the past eight or so years now serves where it looks like this story is going.

• Members

He did jump. He killed himself bc he thought it was the only way to atone for what he had done to Marty. I thought that was the ultimate sign of remorse....sacrificing his life to give her some peace and happiness after what he had done

Archived