B&B: Old/Classic Discussion & Articles

• Members

Bradley denying us a Victor/Stephanie scene during the Jabot/Newman crossover was all the proof I needed that he did not inherit his father's talent. If Bill Bell wrote the Jabot/Newman crossover we most definitely would have gotten a Victor/Stephanie scene.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

So far 1999 has been good. We are at the beginning.

But I'm getting worried since there are no 2000 episodes in german and 1999 is the last full year I can watch. I will wait till episodes are available and continue. Maybe start from beginning soon if there are none.

It's been a very interesting process my partner and I started the show year and a half ago and managed to watch complete 1987 to 1998 in 19 months. 

I would continue but there is this gap in the episodes and I don't want to miss them.

If anyone has anything in german from 2000 and 2001 to complete the unfull 2 years I would be so happy. Even 2002 in better german quality will be amazing since the English ones are absurd looking. I am thinking of merging the english audio with better german picture if episodes are available. I will do them myself and reupload them. Maybe... i am only dreaming... Maybe the wonderful angel @rsclassicfanforever will save us one last time... i can only pray.

It's sad to stop watching even when it's the Bradley Bell period.

We still have 1999 to go but...I am already sad.

1998 and 1999 are a lot better. Maybe because of Amber and Brooke. These characters are working and driving the story.

• Members

There's something super love bomb-ish about Ridge's treatment of Taylor in this classic episode.

But, what I really wanted to highlight is the overhead shot at the beginning of the episode and how it mirrors the overhead shot of Ridge & Taylor on the beach.  Current episodes never play with perspective in this "arty" way, even though it was fun and creative.

• Members

Picking up my '93 viewing after a few months away...1623

I had to lol when Brooke "presented" Sheila with her "new office". Sheila looks physically ill and says "what is all this... machinery?"

Please register in order to view this content

eg a computer, fax machine, copier, and filing cabinets with storage boxes piled atop.

Brooke is the world's worst boss to think that Sheila would be happy with that office. And she never even responds when Sheila says "I barely know how to type". Brooke doesn't think this is a problem...?

I was quite disappointed that we don't see Macy's first AA meeting but instead hear about it after the fact

Ridge is an emotionally stunted baby for punching Connor. That was a sucker punch and Connor should have pressed charges. Taylor should have concerns about having a baby with someone who has such a hair-trigger temper.

Edited by yrfan1983

• Members

B&B mentions in SOD Best and Worst during the Bill Bell years

1987: Best Daytime Casting

1988: Worst Love Triangle, Best Enemies

1989: Best New Character, Best Imposters

1990: Most Daring Storyline, Best Scene-Stealer, Worst Death Scene, Worst Widower

1991: No mentions

1992: Worst Heroine, Nastiest Character, Best Crossover, Best Wedding, Most Shocking Twist

1993: Best Triangle, Hottest Love Scenes

The write ups for 1987-1990 are posted here Classic Soap Opera Digest News on Tumblr - #Best & Worst

I couldn't find the 1992 and 1993 write ups anywhere but I got the lists from 12-22-92 Soap Opera Digest THE BEST & WORST of 1992 | Soap Opera World and 1-4-94 Soap Opera Digest The BEST & WORST of 1993 | Soap Opera World

Edited by kalbir

• Members

I know in 1992 best crossover was Lauren/Sheila and Best Wedding was Taylor/Ridge

1993 I'm not sure what Best Triangle was (I don't think it was Brooke/Ridge/Taylor) but Hottest Love Scenes was Taylor/Ridge (that write up was posted on Twitter)