B&B: Old/Classic Discussion & Articles

• Members

thank you so much Angel! I knew we had to be patient

Please register in order to view this content

BTW i am watching 2007 in between and 2023. I have no memory of 2007 at all. Now Taylor is pregnant with Brookes baby lol What is your opinion about 2007

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

If it was the first episode to air in 1995, wouldn’t it have been produced in 1994 though? 

Thanks to the angel. The resolution is less than the previous angel was providing, but still good and appreciated nonetheless. It’s definitely much better quality than YouTube - anything is better than that! 

Noticed episode 1941 cuts off at 13 minutes, even though the description says it’s the full 20 minutes.

At time of writing, Videoland is up to episode 2120, Macy and Thorne’s wedding.  

• Members

Yes, but the copyright is uaually up-to-date. Meaning the first episode of 2023 had 2023 as copyright date. Should have been the same in 1995 - unless there was a last-minute-preemption in December 1994 or they messed up... 

I'd be curious to get info on this, too! Someone on here was tech-savvy enough to dig out the old google groups on soaps... Could he/she help? @YRBB was this you?

On a related note: the Excel file provided in the Vault has Thursday September 29 1994 as a pre-emption. I think this is wrong and therefore all airdates from August-September are off by one day. Can someone confirm that B&B did or did not air on September 29 - the day before part of the Bridge Malibu wedding aired on CBS!?

• Members

Thank you so much to the Angel who's uploaded the latest episodes from 1994/95.

I did notice that 1962 is faulty towards the end though with frozen picture while the audio continues.

Is that the same for everyone? Much appreciated if a fixed version could be uploaded.

Thanks again current, past and future Angels!

• Members

I dug around the Usenet archives. The dates B&B was preempted in the latter half of 1994 are:

June 30th-July 1st and July 5-8th (all O.J hearing)

July 25th and August 19th (Rerun episode)

September 5th and September 9th (US Open coverage)

November 24th (Thanksgiving)

The Malibu wedding (#1885) aired October 3rd.

As for 1995:

January 2nd (Special programming)

January 24th, 26th and 30th (O.J trial)

Episode #1949 aired January 3rd.

Edited by Troppo

• Members

Wow - thanks for checking all these... It adds up with data and some "given dates" perfectly. If I may ask: April 19, 1994 was a national pre-emption for B&B (Oklahoma City bombing) and no new episode aired?

A fascinating effect (sort of) of all the OJ pre-emotions was B&B starting season 9 with #2001, even though standard seasons are always more than 250 episodes a year.

Edited by sheilaforever

• Members

You're welcome!

I've been busy compiling my own spreadsheet so it's taken about a year to work out the incorrect dates. Thank god for Usenet!

The only preemptions for the first half of 1994 are January 17th (Northridge earthquake), February 21st (Winter Olympics) and March 17-18th (NCAA Basketball).

I just looked up the Oklahoma City bombing - that actually occurred on April 19, 1995. I see an episode did go to air that day (#2019) but that could be wrong. Time to check Usenet again lol.

• Members

Sorry, that was a typo on my part: I meant 1995. I assume it was one of very few pre-emption dates in 1995. Can you confirm this? 

One more question about Thanksgiving / Christmas: did the show air on December 25 in 1995 (#2192  aka the most rerun B&B Xmas on CBS) or did the show air the Friday after Thanksgiving (November 24, 1995), meaning that the Christmas show aired on Friday, December 22? 

• Members

All good. Yes indeed it was 

I must admit, I didn't look that far ahead. Only from 1987 to early 1995. Everything from 1995 onwards I copied from IMDb. So your guess is as good as mine.

Update: After digging around, there were episodes broadcast on those two dates. At least we know that #2192 aired on December 25.

Edited by Troppo

• Members

Yes it was a bit of a eureka moment when I found that one. I must credit the vault for helping me out as well. So I guess all of the 1994 airdates have been accounted for (at least for B&B anyway).

We've also got October 3rd as a preemption date. I'll do more research as I suspect the dates for September to December are off by about a day.

But at least we can verify that these two episodes went to air on these respective dates:

#2116 (Thorne and Macy's wedding) September 1, 1995
#2192 (Christmas Episode) December 25, 1995

Edited by Troppo

• Members

For me, it plays for 20 minutes but there is no sound after 13 minutes. However, in the December 1994 folder we have this episode from Cala Classics.

I have the same problem. We don't seem to have this version from Cala or anywhere else, so if it can be fixed by the angel, that would be appreciated.

• Members

I meant to ask, did u have a list for 1991 preemptions? I think between January 2-Feb 28 91 there were 4-5 preemptions. The ones I know for sure are 

1/1, 1/9 and 1/16 then 2/27 was listed as a preemption for more gulf war coverage. 

• Members

Some remarks about THE 1994 BRIDGE WEDDING.

It has stellar production values and still holds up in 15th viewing (these were some of the episodes always available on YouTube and has been rerun 6 (?) times on CBS, I guess) as great entertainment. Taylor is now held captive and desperately wants to return to Ridge who thinks that time has come for his happily ever after with Brooke. What I didn’t remember?

The plot in Morocco is rather “rushed” to reach this climax considering that the rest of the story will last months. A lot happened within one or two weeks to get there and so far I still like the Arabian Nights plot. Moroccan Orphan Annie has not arrived on scene and there might be other cringe worthy stuff coming up, if I remember correctly. Back in L.A., the show brought back the Logans and gave them some airtime ahead of the wedding. Stephen not seen since 1988, Katie and Donna not appearing since 1991 (Eric & Brooke wedding!), Storm returning with the original portrayer not seen since 1989 (Ethan Wayne was looking great back then – I’m confused why he did not get more TV work!?) and Beth not seen in this incarnation since 1990. Kristen’s return was kinda blah because she suddenly harbouring a grudge against Brooke for five seconds (why?) before becoming her maid of honor. Felicia was the missing link but her absence was at least addressed. So far so good. The actual wedding which has always been the epitome of amazing production values looks INTERESTING in the pristine picture quality provided in the vault. From it, it sure looks like it a lot of scenes were taped in the studio with a photo/video backdrop. Seems like filming on the beach was not feasible with the big cameras back then. Thorne’s data Ivana was probably not at the beach wedding and simply edited in at the studio. Speaking of continuity, KKL’s son was sick the days they taped all studio scenes of the previous episodes but was suddenly back at the wedding as ringbearer. Carrie Mitchum’s Donna was at the beach to film the wedding but apparently not when they took these flimsy photos back at the studio with the intention to fill airtime without spending too much time and money for the rest of the episode. Weird!