B&B: Old/Classic Discussion & Articles

• Members

Videoland assured me on Messenger they are well aware of the situation and they are going to deal with it and put the correct episodes. The thing is they wrote this to me over week ago and still nothing has changed... 

Edited by Pedro

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Confirming VL have fixed the error in the past 24 hours. They had duplicated 2154 and 2157, meaning 2155 and 2158 was the same as the aforementioned. This resulted in the correct two episodes being skipped.

They have now added 2155 and 2158, however, confusingly, the thumbnails are still duplicated, but the content is now correct - as is the numbering. Woo hoo!

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by boldau

• Members

Dear Angel

Thanks so much for your recent uploads. MUCH appreciated. I noticed the sound on episode 2034 disappears after a few minutes. Would you be able to re-upload a fixed version please? There is also episode 1962 which freezes the picture towards the end but the sound continues, if that were able to be fixed too?

Thanks again

• Members

I’m pretty deep into 1992 and this is just see tv. I’m stunned when you look at how dull 1991 was. 

Sheila has been a seamless addition and I don’t think this would be written nearly this well on a soap today. They’re acknowledging her history but presenting her in a way that it makes sense these people accept her. Today, I feel they’d be too tempted to reveal her crazy and it wouldn’t work. Her chemistry with Eric is scorching and I also love her relationships with Brooke and Kristin. 

Speakinf of Kristin, I expected her to return for Taylor and Ridge’s wedding and had no idea this was an extended visit. The way they weaved into the Spectra storyline with Clarke worked really well and I’m surprised she didn’t stick around. I also love that they’ve developed her relationship with Felicia and used those two characters to usher in the Bikini Bar (a brilliant location). Zach and Sly are great additions and Felicia finally feels like a character worth watching. 

Karen’s intro was pretty successful and I’m enjoying the triangle with her, Thorne and Macy. I also like Bill being back in the mix and having a family member to interact with. His romance with Darla was also a genius move. 

The Brooke/Ridge/Taylor/Stephanie/Eric mess has a lot of interesting layers and is riveting tv as well. 

The most shocking thing is that there is SO much going on and all of these stories are well balanced in terms of importance. That is so anti-modern B&B. It’s truly shocking how good and complex the show it and it makes me sad to think about how it is now. Just looking at this year, there are so many ideas they could pluck to make the modern show better. More storylines and the Bikini bar for the younger characters would be key things they could use. 

• Members

Zach and Jack aren't the biggest highlights for me, but I appreciate them for the fact that it's nice seeing Felicia in a relationship with spark and I loooooove Sly. And then it's nice to see Stephanie dating someone instead of just begging Eric to take her back.

One thing I'm not looking forward to are all of the exits. I felt like Margo and Jake's story had ended and I suspect Sheila got a lot of story that could've gone to Margo. I'm really going to miss Felicia, Kristen and Clarke when they leave. It's hard to imagine why they were written out.

• Members

I had forgotten that Felicia was also gone in 1992 but she would return in 1997. Kristen returned again in 1993 and 1994.

B&B's cast in that era had several females in the early 30s age range (Brooke, Macy, Taylor, Karen, Sheila) so maybe Bill Bell thought there wasn't enough room on the canvas for the Forrester daughters.

Edited by kalbir

• Members

I like that Zach/Jack gave some more development/dimension to Taylor then just the resident shrink or Brooke's rival for Ridge.   Seeing her with both her father/brother gave Taylor other characters to interact with.  It gave her equal development to Brooke in terms of having family to be around.

I do recall Zach/Felicia's relationship brings out Stephanie's disapproval and controlling ways... but I recall it will be presented differently then it was with Brooke/Ridge.