B&B: Old/Classic Discussion & Articles

• Members

Yes I do. I was able to verify those three preemption dates (Jan 9th, 17th & Feb 27th), but unable to verify the other two. I was, however, able to get the episode recaps for #965 (Jan 29th) and #977 (Feb 18th) and also #968-972 (Week of Feb 4-8th) from SOD, and from there I was able to narrow it down a bit further.

There was a preemption between Jan 30th-Feb 1st and another in the week of Feb 11-15th (#973-976). So I picked Feb 15th as an educated guess. I wish I was able to do better, but it'll do for now.

Edit: Forgot to add that Sep 26, 1995 is a confirmed preemption date.

Edited by Troppo

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I think I have Feb 15th as well. Maybe the other one is 2/1? There were definitely some dates that Y&R or the other shows aired that day but B&B was preempted only I think. 

Thanks so much for your help and feedback!

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Still (re)watching 1994 and picture my surprise that in #1887 someone familiar showed up. Photographer Tommy Bayland (as played by Tim Choate) arrived on the scene to take promo shots of Thorne and Macy!?

The actor's name was in the credits a few episodes prior, but I thought they had just messed up. Nope, they indeed brought back this character which was last seen 4 years prior (and was originally feautured in Donna's story in 1988!). And either Tommy graduated from taking shady nude shots and parazzi photos for Spencer Publications to a more prolific career or Decadent Records simply did not want to spend too much money on the carerr of Thorne and Macy. LOL

Edited by sheilaforever

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Late April 1990 - Caroline's death storyline has finally started. I say finally because I've always wanted to see it and I'm glad she'll die, cos yep ... Caroline annoys me a little bit. lmao.

That being said, I am stunned by JJ's work in the scene where she first finds out (so nicely shot from 'outside' so we don't hear it just yet). Even though Caroline annoys me often, JJ's acting has always been great, but her performance in the scene is phenomenal. Just quiet shock and horror. And when she first sees Ridge in the next episode and quietly breaks down as he professes his love. 

• Members

The episodes are mis-labeled, so I didn't realized, but it looks like I'm at the beginning of March 1992. I found 1991 to be a dull yer, but the show is really kicking into gear. I love Faith/Karen's introduction and Dorothy Lyman is great as her mother. The Spectra/Forrester feud over Brooke's Belief storyline is excellent! The way it's torn Macy and Throne apart is fantastic story. I don't understand why they're also teasing a dud romance between Macy and Jake. The Belief story is more than enough and much more interesting.

I'm really excited to be enjoying the show so much and also knowing Sheila is right around the corner. I feel like I've been waiting forever for her arrive and never thought I'd get to that point. It's been so lovely seeing the show evolve over time.