April 4-8, 2011

Toups

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah, Brad Bell needs to get proactive and move B&B to cable before Les cancels B&B. If Brad was smart he'd try to get Lifetime to pick it up & pair it/cross promote with Project Runway. I wonder how much revenue B&B brings in from it's overseas airings. I wonder if it's enough to cover the costs to make the show & allowing Brad to sell the show dirt cheap to CBS?

• Members

Let's face it: if ABC had to keep one soap, it would be GH over OLTL and it's not even a contest. OLTL is not in the national mainstream. Everybody in the world knows the GH name and AMC for that matter. Oh, well. GH's days are numbered. The handwriting was on the wall once it was announced SoapNet was flipping to Disney Jr. in Jan. 2012. Once that revenue stream was gone, it was just a matter of when they were going to announce, not if. Still can't believe we've lost FOUR shows in 24 months. (GL was announced April 2009.) So sad.

• Members

They'd be better off showing telenovelas. Most people aren't going to make the commitment to watching a daily soap opera.

With 700K fewer viewers than they had last year, and the demo number dipping under 1 million, Y&R is not healthy either.

• Members

It's really interesting that they are having OLTL end in January, the same time as SOAPnet.

And I agree with you about GH, I think their days are about to be numbered as well. I think they will likely be gone by 2013 or 2014 at the latest.

• Members

I'm sad to see OLTL go. However, the writing clearly is on the wall that soaps are done. I think they will all go, sooner rather than later. And if that's the case, I'd rather see OLTL go out while it's still good and has a decent audience, rather than die out a pitiful death. They've got til January to tell some good stories and wrap up loose ends. Lets hope they do it right because when OLTL is good, it's really good.

PS: Keep Susan Haskell on now that the show is ending. There needs to be a good conclusion to Marty with the real Todd, Roger Howarth.

• Members

Pregnant Amber seducing then banging Liam took up a lot of time.. I think she sounded like one of those rated X movies cooing..

it was terrible...Hope/Liam/Amber....Thomas whining about his Taboo line....Brooke not supporting her husband but Thomas I think this was on

I like B/B but have little patience for Hope she's an insipid idiot instead of standing up for these young men she bounces to and fro between Liam/Oliver then runs around boo-hooing and seeking comfort while everyone coddles pure and innocent Hope against big bad Amber...they did this already with her..Steffy was chasing Bill and stalking Katie..

I'm sorry about two more soaps gone I'm surprised they cancelled two I was hoping for one to soften the blow.

Archived