April 4-8, 2011

Toups

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

DAYS has poor ratings because the writing is bad... it's that simple. The same five characters (Sami, Rafe, EJ, Nicole, and Taylor) take up so much of every episode and it's been that way since the Fall. The ridiculousness of the Imposter Rafe storyline and how worn out the love triangles amongst those five have become is the reason for the record lows the show has been doing.

• Members

WOW! That's so strange OLTL is growing in viewership and its getting canceled? The cancellation decision had to been an old decision made a couple of years ago.

Les hates soaps and I remember him being happy about ATWT's cancellation. I have no idea why CBS still airs soaps if they don't want them. Like people have been saying lately B&B needs to find a new home before 2013 gets here. Their doing too well overseas to be worried about staying on CBS.

• Members

It was atrociously disgusting last week with Amber slutting her way into seducing Liam. It was just...weird, strange, & inappropriate all rolled into one. Amber's GROSS dialogue was the worst. I don't blame viewers for tuning out...it was bad. But it's been pretty good this week.

• Members

OLTL also has higher demos than DAYS. It's number three in all key demos, after Y&R and GH, and within a tenth of point of GH in both 18-49 and 18-34....and only 100,000 less in women 18-49 viewers, yet 200,000 more than both AMC and B&B, and 100,000 more than DAYS.

And it got cancelled. :lol:

Talk about bad business.

• Members

Amber had sex with Liam. The scenes were really more revolting than it sounded. Then we had her gushing to Oliver over the phone about her sexcapades and then in another episode she and her trashy mother, Twny were trading notes and bragging about how skanky she was and how they are using it to gold dig. Amber even tried to go for a round two by attempting to seduce Liam again. It was all just so sleazy

• Members

Yeah, I said before I don't have a horse in this race since I haven't watched either AMC or OLTL in many years, but it is actually pissing me off looking at these ratings, lol. You have this cast/crew working hard to do well for ABC...and turns out they actually HAVE....and they get dumped despite having higher demos than most of the shows still on the air--the unowned shows on other networks.

This may be the first time I've ever seen a soap get canceled in daytime with higher demos than other shows that remain.

Archived