GH: January Discussion Thread

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Of course she can this is setting up more of the whitewashing the Elizabeth handing her Jake

is symbolic; Elizabeth forgives her for wanting her kid dead...Jason will be written to be off the

hook re: never stepping up for his kid

...the whitewash of that is now what is beginning to play...and like

their reunion...Jake kicks it off...Guza uses one element of drama for me that I can grasp

"symbolism" they have to do something to address that he thought his life to be to dangerous for

his son that he handed over to be in for this kid?

So the prepping for how it (now) won't be.

• Members

Tamara Braun by far was the worst. Jennifer Bransford I think was not given a fair shot. She wasn't petite like all the women on GH tend to be and it seemed like it was just determined immediately she did not work in the role. She finally got a story, when Carly starts to lose her mind, and she did really well I thought. That was one of the few times I felt anything for Carly.

• Members

Agreed. I really liked Jennifer in the role but she never stood a chance. They brought her on too quickly after Braun. They should have introduced her slowly, and given her and the audience a chance to adjust instead of just immediately throwing her into the stories Tamara started.

• Members

Brown had the best writing and acting partners whow ere still acting, that gives her a huge advantage.

Braun was my personal favorite, but it took a while. To say her start was rocky would be an understatement.

bransford was simply miscast.

Wright is playing the Carly the writers want. I like her fine, but i do get the hatred people have for her because this isnt Carly.

• Members

It's always about personal preference. TB's Carly was Sonny's wife/Baby Mama. JB wasn't really given a chance. LW is the Screech Owl. But IMO Sarah Brown made Carly into the icon she is remembered for (LW is just a pale imitation of Carly's worst characteristics IMO) and Carly pre-Sonny was an amazing character to watch. So from my perspective, yes it's true.

i will always remember Carly telling Bobbie the truth and grabbing her baby finger….. such a powerful moment.

• Members

Bransford was actually as skinny as Brown and Braun and probably skinnier than LW, she just wasn't um as "traditionally pretty" as her predecessors. I didn't mind her.

LW is just...well she's not Carly. She doesn't try to be Carly. She doesn't try anything. All she does is yell and snarl..I couldn't imagine ever being her scene partner and I often wonder if it's the actor's opinions of her acting choices whenever you see someone roll their eyes during a scene with her.

Archived