GH: January Discussion Thread

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

So I mean, obviously, Olivia's going to make it through this! icon1.gif At least I think! She seems to be getting better, bedside flirtation between her & Steve, and she's already talking about making Dante dinner when she gets out.... ;-) will be happy if she's staying!

It's so funny reading all the LW/Carly criticism (which I agree with) here because this is the only place I'm seeing it. LOL every where else I'm reading, LW is pretty much getting rave reviews. Some things I've read recently, "Laura Wright was FIYA today!" "WRIGHT EMMY 2011@#@!!" "GO Carlee!" "LW IS HANDS DOWN THE BEST ACTRESS IN DAYTIME AM I RIGHT OR AM I RIGHT."

I understand both POV's in the situation but I'm on Abby & Michael's side 100%. I'm glad Abby stood up to Carly. I like her with Michael, they have a great connection and she brings out the best in him. He's also an adult and can do whatever he wants. Carly needs to back off. And I think Sonny's take on everything is refreshing.

No it still sucks imo. It's even worse now that he has a face. This S/L is pure dreck.

Molly slamming her pencil across that room & freaking out was interesting and I'm looking forward to more of this S/L. Her personality shifted and she was almost another person today.

• Members

Haley Pullos (spelling?), who plays Molly, is going to do wonders with this storyline... very small amount of screentime on Friday, and yet that is one of two storylines i'm looking forward to seeing again this week (Michael and Abby being the other)

• Members

No kidding.

I love Haley Pullos as much as all the other rabid GHers, but this is her FIRST heavy story to play. Everything else has been "Jason, show Sam you love her." "Mac, please date my mom." "Uncle Sonny, don't date Claire!" "Michael's in prison!" She hasn't had a story of her own yet and quite frankly, I think we need to see how well this is gonna play out in the writing and with the acting before we all jump the gun.

• Members

Just finished watching Friday's episode now and I was surprised at how... enjoyable it was. First of all, watching first Sam and then Abby stand up to that bully Carly was a thing of BEAUTY. Thank God they don't acquiesce to that harpy's deluded demands. What, is she hoping to keep her precious Michael a virgin forever? Honey, that gate may already have been breached.

Secondly -- and I know it is fashionable to bash Vanessa Marcil here, God knows I took my potshots when her return failed big-time -- but I sort of love her interaction with Steve Burton. Not in a romantic way, in a comedic way. Brenda is back to being her shallow, self-absorbed self fretting about the wedding and what she is going to wear. I know people here hate it, but I sort of loved it.

Thirdly, I love Daniel Benzali as The Balkan, and I especially like his interaction with Robin. I don't know why... Kimberly McCullough steps up when he's around and both characters have this feisty, mutual-respect thing going on.

Fourthly, Brianna Brown came alive in her scenes with the new doctor. Her eyes really shone and she played it so well when he said he wasn't going to break Robin up "for free." Wasn't sure about Lisa getting a reprieve after she went loony-tunes but I am hoping they follow through on her and Johnny.

Olivia & Steve -- like them both individually. Not necessarily feeling them together.

Archived