GH: January Discussion Thread

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah, I believe any animosity between any of these people evaporated when Liz and Sam were fending off Russian goons and Sam and Liz were in some sort of shootout together or something protecting the children. Everything before that is old news they don't really think or care about anymore.

I thought the montage was really nice, and am always happy with Chad Duell. He has such an expressive face and when he walked into the hospital to find Abby it was like a soldier coming home from war or something. He really brings a feeling of compassion to Michael and this goodness and almost a serene quality (if he could just get over his prison trauma which it is time already they bring that back to the forefront). I loved Carly watching them because you can sort of see the next story coming about poor Michael, desperate to be happy while the whole world won't let him be.

I also felt bad for the girl who died. Not that she died really--I don't know anything about her--but I was just trying to picture if this was real life and all these people ignoring her because Princess Kristina just commanded everyone's attention. It would have been very sad, almost like the way Reese died--alone, unnoticed and nobody cared either way.

The kid who plays Jake is a cute kid, but I have no empathy for Jason, his runaway dad ways, the way he treated his own father like dirt, and his agony is greeted by my total indifference. I have more emotional attachment to that girl who died and I don't even know her name. The scenes left me yawning and other than "cute kid" I saw nothing even remotely noteworthy about them. Nobody has prevented Jason from playing with this kid all this time, he just could not bother to be inconvenienced.

• Members

But that's the reality of head injuries - they are often missed because the person is fine, even helpful, and the more obvious cases get attention.

It's only been a few hours in one day. I'm sure the Balkan is doing his thing elsewhere.

• Members

The Sonny/Abby stuff was so eye roll worthy. Sonny, Michael is in more danger of getting in trouble from YOU and your line of work than from a stripper.

Don't tell someone to get over something, it's rude and not necessary and awful stupid thing? That's what having kids kidnapped is now? Why doesn't that surprise me. I guess it's okay as long as Sam didn't do them physical harm. It's in the past, yeah, but Sam should at least have some hesitancy around Jake. That would at least go over better.

Makes no sense why Liz would just hand Jake over to both Jason & Sam like that

• Members

I guess you didn't get the memo last time, huh?

Nobody wants you and your bigass mouth lurking around the boards being a jerk. Have you noticed that about TEN comments have been made since you posted yours, and not ONE person has responded to you until now? Take the hint. Leave.

Until you have something constructive to say about the SHOW, why don't you make like a banana and split. If I were the administrator I would have blocked your as$ from this site so fast that your head would spin.

So until you're done being a bigmouthed idiot, why don't you learn a thing or two. Not ONE of your posts have ever been about a show. All you do is post snide comments about other posters. Last time it was me, this time it's Spencer. Well guess what, no one pays any merit to ignoramus posters like you.

Why don't you go read a book now instead of wasting your time in a place where no one cares. It'll be much more worth your while. "Thank me later."

You're right. But that's why I think Steve should have KNOWN to pay her attention. Is he not the doctor here? Does he not know that people who seem find often wind up dead? I mean all of us fans know that, why wouldn't a medical professional? And Ali was walking around practically shouting from the mountaintops that she had a bad headache....Who gave this man a medical license?! He should have known that she, in reality, needed medical attention more than anyone else.

• Members

LOL!! Oh wow look whose back.

ITA. That was basically my point. And your right imo Sam really should have had some hesitancy around Jake. Instead she had her arms ready for Liz to hand him to her and that just didn't seem right to me at all. Yes it's been years since that stuff happened to Jake but still. Not really something I'd see people fully getting over I guess.

laugh.gifblush.gif thanks LOL calm down Soapboy, just a troll...;-)

• Members

Unfortunately.

I agree. I mean, I think it's in the past. I think Sam has become a somewhat better person, and I think Liz has probably forgiven her. But it just didn't seem very motherly of Liz. Because I don't really know any mother who would willingly hand off their child to the same woman who let them be kidnapped. No matter how much they've moved on or changed as people, i just don't believe that SOME sort of motherly instinct didn't kick in for Liz. I suppose it's mostly because Jason was there as well, and she knew Jason would never do anything (other than abandon him) to Jake.

Haha noooo problem. I know, I shouldn't let him get me all pissed. It just irritates me when people come in JUST to start drama. LOL. I can't believe he came back. Hopefully this tongue-lashing will keep him far away! ^_^^_^

• Members

Shhh…. we're not supposed to interrupt Sonny with reality.

Sorry, not trying to be rude but it's been a few years and regurgitation every sin of every character as justification why the next activity can or should not occur, would bring this show to a quick and screeching halt. Sam has also been in this boy's life from almost the get-go, having been in a relationship with Lucky along the way. Considering how many times Sam has put her life on the line for Jake, I think Liz can recognize what is pattern behaviour and what was the one-off.

• Members

Sure he would - if he were God. But he's only a highly trained man who sometimes does miss the signs.

We also have the added benefit of having a camera follow around a do-nothing extra for three days, giving us all the hints we needed that we had to watch for something to go wrong. (And spoilers, for some of us.) Steven didn't have those benefits.

• Members

I agree, no one can be perfect. And no one can catch every last thing. But to me, Steve was being rather unprofessional in his obsession with Olivia. Seemingly it's because he has an attraction to her. But he pretty much neglected all others, including his own nephew, for her. Just seemed off to me, and not how a real doctor would act.

And I don't even recall anyone asking how Ali was, or if she was hurt. But what I do recall is her saying she had a headache at least 10 times. And I'm almost positive one or more of those times was around Steve. I just don't get how he could NOT see this girl who had been thrown, full body, into the side of a cliff, was complaining of headaches. It just isn't that hard to figure out. Camera or no camera.

Archived