GH: January Discussion Thread

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Carly had been acting so nice this week, and she was almost likeable. Then she found out that Abby was a stripper, and she totally bitched out again. Look out Abby!

Kudos to Sonny. He has been a good father this week.

The Balkin storyline used to suck. Now that Theo has appeared and given the Balkan a face, I am liking the storyline.

• Members

Speaking for myself, as one of the major detractors when it comes to LW's portrayal, I think she's a limited actress in a role that requires a lot more than she's giving. There are so many layers to Carly and she simply doesn't play them. I don't know if she refuses to or if she can't (largely, because the writing for Carly has been written down to suit LW's limitations), but she doesn't. She relies on these five choices:

1. Gnashing/baring teeth.

2. Screaming/shrieking.

3. Blubbering.

4. Sneering/Squinting.

5. Ghetto Head Roll.

• Members

Word! I'm not usually one to bash Carly on the regular but every time LW opens her mouth to breathe fire and brimstone, her teeth are the first thing anyone sees. I'm surprised absolutely no one has mandated she fix it as a requisite for her career. After 20+ years it's not as if she doesn't have the money to fix her damn mouth. They're beyond the pale.

• Members

She was nothing like this on Guiding Light. I thought she was absolutely fantastic as Cassie. When she joined GH the quality of her acting instantly went downhill. You could tell in interviews she was so excited to be playing such a big part with these huge actors and she got lazy as a result. I mean look at what little effort Bernard and co put in. I think they believe it looks effortless when it really is just lazy.

• Members

No, I dont think she's horrible but I hate her acting techniques as Carly. She has bad habits and in comparison to the previous Carlys, she is the worst. She has very limited range and I feel the writing for Carly has morphed to accomodate that

Archived