Y&R: Old Articles

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

It was interesting seeing Jack at the beginning of that story. Still clean cut and determined to get to the bottom of things. Then a complete mess, given up hope and a drunk. I guess Bell was trying to maybe, somewhat redeem him for his past crimes against, well, so many people. Ellen and the homeless shelter and saving Jill certainly made him a sort of hero. Or at least not as much of a scoundrel

• Members

So we actually get to hear Neil Fenmore on the phone before he dies. I wonder who played him. Did it sound like Jim Storm to anyone? I almost thought it was John McCook, but I am bad at tracking voices.

Love Paul in his Miami Vice outfit, haha

While I think Faren was a bit cutesy Andrews Sisters sometimes. I liked Coleen. I think she did a good job once Faren had to get into the drama and darker moments of the story more.

Always interesting to see Brad and Lauren and then Brad and Traci. Don plays Brad as being better matched to Lauren and I still can't figure out if Brad was supposed to truly be in love with Traci, or if he was just using her as Jack believed. Maybe he loved her as a good friend and pushed that more due to what the relationship would bring him? I actually like that Bell did this with his characters, often made their motivations unclear.

Thanks for the leading us to that classic ep @BoldRestless.

Yes hopefully we get more this year.

• Members

Thank you so much for this @YRfan23 Did Bill Bell say Jeanne joined Jan of 74???????? Did we just get confirmation. She talks over him though. Around 11:20

Also for those that are interested, the earliest airdate for this was Feb 28, 1990. Although Donahue was syndicated so it would have aired at different times throughout the US. 

Edited by will81

• Members

I heard that too! So perhaps Jeanne's first tape day was December 1973? 

Either way I'm happy to finally see an old cast interview with Bill Bell sitting with the cast!

Please register in order to view this content

usually he seems to stay away from these so this is a rare one for sure!