Y&R: Old Articles

5 hours ago, BoldKara said:

Thank you so much!!! I've noticed that 2nd March 1993 is cut off at the 7.30 minute mark but is meant to last the full 42 minutes so maybe there was a problem with the upload? Could you try re-uploading it to complete it? Many thanks love the Sheila return episodes!!!

Aww man I noticed that too. 😕 those episodes originally came from me but I’ll try to reupload. 

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

From watching the August 1988 episodes featuring the summer social issue AIDS storyline, does anyone else find the dialogue a little too heavy handed? I know the time the story took place was during the height of the AIDS crisis and Bill Bell was trying to educate the audience but still, it came across as very PSA.

15 hours ago, kalbir said:

From watching the August 1988 episodes featuring the summer social issue AIDS storyline, does anyone else find the dialogue a little too heavy handed? I know the time the story took place was during the height of the AIDS crisis and Bill Bell was trying to educate the audience but still, it came across as very PSA.

Watch Ashley and Victoria around 1991/1992 when Vikki had to get an AIDS test. "HIV the virus that causes AIDS" will be burned into your brain.

Bell could be a bit clunky with certain social issues

Hi guys,

I've started a Christmas playlist for Y&R.  The clip from 1980 and episodes from 1990 and 1991 were sent to me by a Y&R Angel, who wishes to remain anonymous. This person sent me a ton of goodies for me to upload to the vault which I will be doing over the next weeks!

And another Christmas playlist I found, on the Channel YR which has been on fire with the uploads. There's some overlap but both lists contain new things. (I know @yrfan1983 was looking for episodes from 2000 and they have a playlist on there as well). 

Regarding the YR 2011-12-23 (A Very Nikki Christmas)- when Katherine had her flashback to Nikki comforting her.. I understand it happened right after Rex died in 1994, correct? 

Edited by asafi
6 hours ago, OzFrog said:

OMG that 1980 clip was so beautiful! Always love me some Julia! ❤️

Yes! The Julia from that clip is a totally different person than the "Power Julia" who returns in 1982.

It's so crazy that the Newman ranch-house set from 1980 is basically the same 40 years later (allowing for some shrinkage due to lower budget)

5 hours ago, yrfan1983 said:

It's so crazy that the Newman ranch-house set from 1980 is basically the same 40 years later (allowing for some shrinkage due to lower budget)

The room we see now representing the Newman Ranch is a totally different set to the 1980 ranch.

That set stuck around for many years until Sharon burned down the ranch in 2012. It was replaced by a bland (an universally despised) new ranch which then became the room we see now.

Pictures of the old Newman Ranch:

ba4f37914fff34022676371499cf834f.jpg

5f4269102e2edd439cbc70bc5c7e17ea.jpg

5b97901b733559eae83a7c227490eac4.jpg

d86b3ec1483c8fab948d42ba55ae9797.jpg

newman-ranch.jpgnew-ranch-sitting-room-3-1024x576.jpg

Edited by Paul Raven
11 hours ago, OzFrog said:

OMG that 1980 clip was so beautiful! Always love me some Julia! ❤️

I think the Christmas 1980 scene was a flashback from Julia's 2002 return but I could be wrong.

5 hours ago, yrfan1983 said:

Yes! The Julia from that clip is a totally different person than the "Power Julia" who returns in 1982.

1980-1981 Julia was Bill Bell's version of Sue Ellen Ewing.

On 12/21/2020 at 11:55 PM, YRfan23 said:

Aww man I noticed that too. 😕 those episodes originally came from me but I’ll try to reupload. 

Thank you for having done so!! most appreciated!!