Y&R: Old Articles

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Believe it or not, I thought NP's arrival was one of the few bright spots during the otherwise dreadful LML era.  True, she isn't the world's finest actor.  However, I've watched her in a ton of movies and shows over the years -- including even the godawful "Walker, Texas Ranger" -- and I've never seen her phone in a performance.  Ever.

If I had been writing Y&R, I would have worked very hard to give her material, because I know she'll do whatever she can to keep you watching.  (Again, "Walker, Texas Ranger," lol.)

Exactly -- and I do agree with what you said, @DramatistDreamer, about her and KSJ's chemistry.  It was different from the chemistry between him and VR, yet he and NP had the potential to become a bankable couple in their own right.

Same goes for Tammy Lauren, who had (as Maggie Sullivan) what I thought was a good rapport with Doug Davidson, an actor I've always been rather meh about, TBH.

Edited by Khan

• Members

Ha ha - the reason I thought of Karen and Tyra in the first place, is because I just watched Eva win America's Next Top Model Season 3 on Amazon Prime. Too bad Eva wasn't able to imbue her YR character with her own fiery temperament. But looks like she's doing fine now on Real Housewives of Atlanta.

• Members

This is why Traci annoyed the hell out of me during this period of time. She seemed to be so entitled about Brad, if any woman even looked at him, she was on the enemies list, which included her own sister. Traci not wanting Ashley as the Godmother was just a spiteful decision on Traci's part. Ashley did nothing wrong except date Brad after Traci had dumped him, divorced him and moved out of town. Her behaviour from her return in 1990 through the rest of Brenda's run as Ashley was ridiculous.

What made even less sense was that Ashley always supported and backed Brad and Traci's relationship, while Jack actively tried to destroy it. Yet Traci had no issue with Jack. She held a grudge against Ash for years but forgave Jack almost every time. 

• Members

Watching the 2007 episodes recenly posted. I finally got to see how the whole Pheila fiasco played out....God have mercy,  who allowed this to air? Michelle Stafford---love her as Phyliss, pre overacting---was cringeworthy as "Sheila". At the very least Brad Bell basically erased that trash when Kimberlin returned to B&B in 2017 (that storyline within itself was another problem, but at least we got real Sheila back). 

Overall, Sheila had decent storyline up to 2002, and her 2005 plot was decent. 

Edited by ironlion

• Members

I can understand how Traci would feel that way. She was always in Ashley's shadow and hearing her sister called "my beauty" while she was teased for her weight. Brad was the hot guy who actually fell for her, and Ashley dating him hit a sore spot.

I don't blame Brad Bell for just hitting reset. The story was too convoluted by that point. We saw Sheila in jail, locked up in chains and heavily medicated, only to hear that was really Sugar whom Sheila forced to have plastic surgery to look like her. No one wants to see Kimberlin Brown as "Sugar" and Michelle Stafford as "Sheila." At that point it made absolutely no sense for Sheila to just be walking around LA free, but I'd rather that than having them go through more cringe-worthy re-writes. At least now the door is open whenever she wants to come back.

• Members

I personally feel like while Sheila's 2005 storyline was executed well, it was very cartoonish in the writing itself. It just didn't make sense that all of a sudden she would redevelop an obsession over Scotty while most of her life before then was around raising Mary/Erica whilst supposedly raising Massimo's baby. And Sheila during her 90s run on Bold sort of humanized her in a way while raising hell. 2002 was mildly cartoonish, but the context of where the story came from at least made sense.

• Members

I'm annoyed at how Chase just disappeared around March 1991. He was a big supporting player in the Kimble story, yet suddenly he's nowhere to be found, didn't even show up at the trial, and was only mentioned once out of necessity. What happened? Was the actor not available?

• Members

One of Bill Bells big mistakes!

Please register in order to view this content

it’s so obvious Nina and Chase would have been “endgame” after the David stuff. It’s so ridiculous that Chase seemed to be the smartest of the bunch and then he just vanished when Nina shot David...