Y&R: Old Articles

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Unfortunately the Brandon Densen YouTube channel finnaly got shut down. He had over 50 y&r clips spanning 1998-2001. Idk if someone had an email of his or something to get him to post his videos directly to this thread?

SB: Why is Sony so stingy with copyright? They hardly ever re-air classic episodes, so why the fuss about posting clips to YouTube. Would they rather years of classic episodes sit in the vaults and rot? Meanwhile one can pull up abc soaps and the the p&g CBS soaps like nothing.

Edited by ironlion

• Members

Ugh, somebody must have flagged him. I keep forgetting there are people with no lives who live to flag videos for copyright on YouTube.

I have a lot of his clips up until when he started uploading direct digital versions of the clips he used to record the screen off of. Hopefully he resurfaces and is a lot more subtle.

• Members

I second what someone said earlier...I prefer Brenda Epperson as Ashley. Likewise, I'm surprised Amelia H. has lasted so long as Victoria. Heather Tom had a strong energy, but it seemed they somewhere along the line the writers didn't know what to do with her and post David Kimble Nina. The Cole/Ryan debacle dragged on for a while. Also not feeling Jason Thompson as the current Billy. Billy Miller or David Tom were the best in that role, IMO. 

From the clips and episodes posted it does seem that Y&R lost steam between 1994-1996 but really picked back up around 97-98 and kept that strong momentum going till about 2001. The Billy/Mac teen seen, Tricia, The Winters, Nikki vs Diane were all great during that era.

Similarly, B&B cooled down around 95 but got good again from 98-02.