Y&R: Old Articles

• Members

Y&R was doing pretty well in the ratings during that time, and in 1979/80 managed to get to #1 for a few weeks. So I would suggest people were taping it. Whether or not those people can be bothered to transfer them to digital or even sell them is another story, also Sony is so quick to pull stuff offline that maybe many just don't want the hassle. 

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I knew I wasn't the only one that felt that way. I soooo wish that these people would just come forward

Please register in order to view this content

There are so many people out there (including myself) who would be more than willing to transfer them. I would kill to see all the episodes/scenes that feature the Kay/Jill/Derek/Suzanne/Liz/Stuart saga from '79! I just hope someday the people that have them will come to their senses.

Edited by ltm1997

• Members

I know! It just doesn't make any sense at all to me. I just know there's someone out there that has all kinds of Y&R stuff from 1978-80.

1979, IMHO, is the best year of the show. I'd give anything to see episodes from that year. I'll say it until the day that they resurface that there are episodes from that year that someone (or multiple people) have, and for some reason they won't give them up.

But I mainly want to see the episodes featuring Kay and Jill (not necessarily both in the same episode, but both of them in general), because I've seen just about all I can take from the Brooks...

I wanna see Jill giving Stuart the tracheotomy, Suzanne gaslighting Kay, Jill's fall down the Brooks' staircase, Kay in the asylum, Kay revealing herself to Derek and Jill, Kay haunting Suzanne, and all that good stuff from that year!

• Members

You'd make a lot of people very very happy if you were able to share them.

My first piece of advice would be do not put them into a VCR that you're not sure is 100% functional. Because then if the tape messes up you won't know if it was the VCR or the tapes and you could ruin a good tape. Try it first with a tape you don't care about. If no one else can or if you don't have a VCR, I'd be willing to convert them for you, but I need to check my VCRs cause it's been a couple of years since I've done it. You might as well try since you weren't using them anyway and the more years go by, the worst the chances are. How many do you think you have?

• Members

There is stuff out there.

I was recently asked to convert some relatives' home movies to DVD. Thing is, most of the VHS tapes from the aunt's home  were unlabeled and her kids threw every one of them in a box, labeled or not. While most are events like Little Mary's first Christmas, 4-5 tapes were exclusively taped from TV.

Among the bounty are two episodes of Knots Landing from either 1986 or 1987 and two episodes of Another World from December 1987. 

• Members

See!! I'm absolutely certain that there's someone out there like that that did it either with Y&R itself or the entire CBS soap lineup from 1977-1980 (mainly from '79, of course

)! They've got to turn up sooner or later! The person (and or people) probably have no idea what a goldmine they're sitting on!! Maybe the new and upcoming decade will bring new finds!!  I sure hope so!

That's the problem, a lot of them are probably unlabeled.

Edited by ltm1997

• Members

Speaking of Y&R 1979. I just went through the ratings for that year in the ratings thread. Y&R was #1 for a big chunk of that year if you look at it as the calendar year, it seems 1979 to early 1980 Y&R had the chance of being the #1 soap all up, it really was big competition for GH and AMC. I thought Y&R only hit #1 in late 79 and early 80, but it was #1 multiple times throughout 1979. 

I wonder what would have happened if they hadn't had the cast exodus and expansion to an hour. Does anyone feel it may have hit the top 3 or was ABC Daytime too tough to beat.

• Members

At this point I'd even settle for a couple of 2-4 hour compilations such as:

-BD scenes from '75-'80

-Kay/Jill scenes from '75-'80

-Various 1979-80 scenes (including scenes of Bond Gideon as Jill)

-Jeanne scenes from '75-'80

-Nikki scenes from '78-'81 (before Victor)

Edited by ltm1997