Y&R: Old Articles

• Members

If Kimberlin ever comes back I think she would be better utilized on Y&R, minus the campy cartoon aspect and more of the character development she got on B&B. A person "on edge" who could function as a long-term character like Lindsay on OLTL, rather than a constantly revived supervillain who only appears in stints like James Stenbeck or Mitch Lawrence. 

For me, Sheila's grandest storylines were on Y&R while her best character development was on B&B.

One could only imagine if Sheila and Victor crossed paths what storyline we could have gotten! (Given only if Bill Bell wrote it).

Edited by ironlion

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Actually if I recall  right Stephen Gregory chose to leave Y&R to quit acting altogether, and only later appeared on SVU as a recurring character as a favor to a long lost friend who had called him up. Ryan was a replacement for Chase, I suspect if Gregory had stayed around we'd just end up a Chase/Victoria pairing in 1991 instead. 

• Members

I could have also seen a Chase/Victoria/Nina triangle too maybe. It's a shame what might have been, but if the actor wants to leave I guess there's not much that can be done....I guess Bill Bell could have recast Chase if he wanted though.

• Members

I agree.  She was clearly one of Bell’s favorite characters but around the time her orbit became Ryan centric, she just kind of faded from importance.

And at the time, I remember thinking that Ryan and Victoria still had feelings for each other (especially Victoria), and that it kind of seemed like they would not stay together.  Then when Nina was suicidal I was just disgusted by the writing for her by that point.

• Members

@ChickenNuggetz92 Oh, I remember Nikki and Diane's Dynasty-level catfight, lol. 

In fact, as I was watching that sequence with Sandra Nelson as Phyllis, I instantly began to remember having seen that 'keep away' sequence between Cricket, Danny and Phyllis back in the day, but I had forgotten how funny it was.   It must have been a hoot for all the actors to perform that one! 

Please register in order to view this content

I'm not an active part of soap twitter but since I stopped watching the show last summer, I sometimes go on twitter to see viewers' tweets about certain aspects of the show and that's when I came across your tweet.   It's cool that you can find ways to have fun with Y&R's content.