DRW50

Y&R: Old Articles

6 hours ago, ChickenNuggetz92 said:

I personally feel like while Sheila's 2005 storyline was executed well, it was very cartoonish in the writing itself. It just didn't make sense that all of a sudden she would redevelop an obsession over Scotty while most of her life before then was around raising Mary/Erica whilst supposedly raising Massimo's baby. And Sheila during her 90s run on Bold sort of humanized her in a way while raising hell. 2002 was mildly cartoonish, but the context of where the story came from at least made sense.

If Kimberlin ever comes back I think she would be better utilized on Y&R, minus the campy cartoon aspect and more of the character development she got on B&B. A person "on edge" who could function as a long-term character like Lindsay on OLTL, rather than a constantly revived supervillain who only appears in stints like James Stenbeck or Mitch Lawrence. 

For me, Sheila's grandest storylines were on Y&R while her best character development was on B&B.

One could only imagine if Sheila and Victor crossed paths what storyline we could have gotten! (Given only if Bill Bell wrote it).

Edited by ironlion

3 hours ago, YRfan23 said:

One of Bill Bells big mistakes! :(  it’s so obvious Nina and Chase would have been “endgame” after the David stuff. It’s so ridiculous that Chase seemed to be the smartest of the bunch and then he just vanished when Nina shot David...

Ryan made Chase redundant.

18 hours ago, Chris B said:

L to R is that Snapper, Leslie, Chris, Greg, Liz, Peggy (is that the red headed daughters name?), Jennifer and Stuart?

Yes indeed, at the Foster house.

Oops, vetsoapfan got in ahead of me.

Some more pics from that time

"Young and the Restless, The"Tom Hallick, Deidre HallC. 1973 **H.L. - Image 3834_0012"Young and the Restless, The"Robert Colbert, Dorothy Green, Pamela Peters SolowC. 1973 **H.L. - Image 3834_0013"Young and the Restless, The"Tom Hallick, Elizabeth FosterC. 1973 **H.L. - Image 3834_0015

Edited by Paul Raven

5 hours ago, YRfan23 said:

One of Bill Bells big mistakes! :(  it’s so obvious Nina and Chase would have been “endgame” after the David stuff. It’s so ridiculous that Chase seemed to be the smartest of the bunch and then he just vanished when Nina shot David...

Actually if I recall  right Stephen Gregory chose to leave Y&R to quit acting altogether, and only later appeared on SVU as a recurring character as a favor to a long lost friend who had called him up. Ryan was a replacement for Chase, I suspect if Gregory had stayed around we'd just end up a Chase/Victoria pairing in 1991 instead. 

1 hour ago, soapfan770 said:

Actually if I recall  right Stephen Gregory chose to leave Y&R to quit acting altogether, and only later appeared on SVU as a recurring character as a favor to a long lost friend who had called him up. Ryan was a replacement for Chase, I suspect if Gregory had stayed around we'd just end up a Chase/Victoria pairing in 1991 instead. 

I could have also seen a Chase/Victoria/Nina triangle too maybe. It's a shame what might have been, but if the actor wants to leave I guess there's not much that can be done....I guess Bill Bell could have recast Chase if he wanted though.

Came across this today and it made me laugh.  This sequence looked fun.:lol:

I thought Ryan was very detrimental to Nina as a character (and me as a viewer...). It's a shame Gregory didn't want to stay. 

3 hours ago, DRW50 said:

I thought Ryan was very detrimental to Nina as a character (and me as a viewer...). It's a shame Gregory didn't want to stay. 

I agree.  She was clearly one of Bell’s favorite characters but around the time her orbit became Ryan centric, she just kind of faded from importance.

And at the time, I remember thinking that Ryan and Victoria still had feelings for each other (especially Victoria), and that it kind of seemed like they would not stay together.  Then when Nina was suicidal I was just disgusted by the writing for her by that point.

@ChickenNuggetz92 Oh, I remember Nikki and Diane's Dynasty-level catfight, lol. 

In fact, as I was watching that sequence with Sandra Nelson as Phyllis, I instantly began to remember having seen that 'keep away' sequence between Cricket, Danny and Phyllis back in the day, but I had forgotten how funny it was.   It must have been a hoot for all the actors to perform that one! :lol:

I'm not an active part of soap twitter but since I stopped watching the show last summer, I sometimes go on twitter to see viewers' tweets about certain aspects of the show and that's when I came across your tweet. :)  It's cool that you can find ways to have fun with Y&R's content.

I still can't accept that these ladies were fighting over sperm and Diane saying sperm twice and the fact it was Victor's that they were fighting over. Lol, I will never be okay with this storyline, haha