Y&R: Old Articles

• Members

Great to finally see more Eva Longoria content with the 2003 episodes. Had to grin at the rediculous amount of times  they made Cricket & Lauren face off with a deranged character. Lauren alone dealt with Shawn, Sheila, Sarah, Kevin, Rush?, Tom Fisher, Daisy/Ryder, even Carmine. Not to mention Christine dealing with Derek, David Kimble, Michael, Phyliss, Isabella, etc... Lol, the writers just unloaded on them.

Edited by ironlion

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I'd forgotten Michelle Stafford did those Herbal Essences commercials (I think this particular campaign was on its last legs). Her hair here is very unflattering - it seems like someone told her to do a Marg Helgenberger, but that only worked on Marg.

• Members

Okay I've just reached Olivia's arrival. Before I get to Dru and Olivia, I have to give Brenda Epperson her props. Bill Bell had a gift for getting actors who distinctly fit his style and she was excellent in the role. Different, but probably one of the best and most seamless recasts they've ever had. It's a Shame another soap didn't pick her up. Watching her you don't even question that she's Ashley. 

Now onto the queen, Victoria Rowell came in guns blazing. Instantly had a grasp on who Drucilla was and she was so natural! It was also nice seeing her with the original Mamie before she was replaced by Veronica Redd. She's so different from anybody on the show and gives it a burst of energy. Her interactions with Brad and Nathan have also been interesting and allow you to see different sides to the character. Veronica Redd also instantly took over the role of Mamie and it feels like she's been there for years. She's electrifying with Victoria Rowell. I also question if they were already fine tuning their dialogue because it feels awfully authentic. 

Now on the flip side, I don't think Tonya Lee Williams came in as strong. I know she quickly became great but she's a little green at first. Gorgeous as ever though and clearly the right woman for the job considering how she developed. 

Also, David Kimble is just insane! I love everything about this story and these characters. I always loved Nina but Lauralee Be is really good as time goes on. I love the stronger 90s Christine. 

• Members

My crack about her haircut aside, I really can't hate on Lauralee Bell.  True, she began on Y&R as the poster child for nepotism.  However, she used the opportunity to hone her craft.  She EARNED her place on that canvas -- and now, when she's on, I'm glad she's on, because she's a nice reminder of when Y&R was still a show worth watching.

• Members

Totally agree. She was soooo green in the beginning, but she really transformed into a solid actress over time. She’s done top-notch work over the years. We’ve all seen other soap actors coast on charisma and not improve, even after decades.

• Members

Morrow had actually grown into a solid young actor (the hatred for him now is NOTHING compared to the 2-3 year span when Nick initially dominated the show).

But then around the aftermath of Cassie's death the writers began writing to the actor and not the character and Morrow became really lazy.

It also didn't help that Sharon Case continued to knock everything she was given (for better or for worse) out of the park.

Edited by DeeeDee

• Members

That’s the thing. He’s lazy as fück and has been for years. When he actually shows up, it irritates me because he has it in him to do better on a regular basis. When he was young and pretty and naked with that little toothy smile, it was *slightly* more tolerable (although Y&R really lost something for me when it became the Nick and Sharon Hour in the mid ‘90s.)