Y&R: Old Articles

• Members

I read that Brock was supposed to of been the one Victor locked in the basement instead of Michael Scott. Julia was going to be the love of Brock's life, but Beau left the show shortly after Y&R expanded to an hour because he had signed on to do a half hour and didn't want to commit. All the actors who had signed on before the expansion had voided contracts. Brenda Dickson and John McCook also left in 1980.

THANK YOU YRfan23 for the classic 1982 upload.

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

That 1982 upload was awesome to look at. Is there more ? It puts todays Y&R to shame. I was a small kid at that time and remember bits of these storylines. Allison Bancroft was a piece of work. Nikki treated poor Kevin like crap and pined for old prune face. I always wished that Kevin would come back and reveal since DNA test were not around at that time that the blood test performed was botched and he was really the father of Victoria. The scenes with Leslie, Lance, and Brooks was touching. I felt sorry for Lucas having the boy he felt was like his own son being ripped from him and loving Lorie who only had eyes for his brother.

Here is a current photo and page for Christopher Holder who played Kevin. He teaches acting. http://christopherholder.net/contact.html

• Members

Thanks!! :) I'm glad I was able to get those scenes.....I gotta tell you as much as I think the late 80's/90's were the most well rounded of Y&R's history, everytime I see this stuff I wanna see more as I think the early 80's had some good stuff too! and I do have some more to post including some more clips of Deborah Adair Jill! :)

• Members

Great. I hope to see them. I wish they had kept some of the Fosters/Brooks/Prentiss on after 1982. Jill was kept because she and Katherine's feud was the core of the show.  Stuart disappeared in 1984 and Liz only appeared now and then till she was gone.

The photo of Roberta Leighton and Melody is nice, but RL has clearly had some bad plastic surgery.

• Members

Nikki and Victor fans would revolt. I'd die of laughter at first b/c it'd mean Victor being brokenhearted, but I'd later cry b/c the writers would have a field day with this and turn Nikki back onto the bottle for the 1000th time, which is so used to death. Plus, EB would probably have a heart attack over this story and wanna fight it tooth and nail.

• Members

I honestly would accept Victoria really being Kevin's daughter. That really would be the worst punishment ever for Victor so that's why they will never go there....

It's kind of a shame that they didn't keep Allison on, as I always thought that Katherine needed a good rival in her age group, besides Jill......It seems like most of the other shows that do the "rich older woman Vs. Young Vixen" always give the older woman a rival in their age range (Stephanie vs. Sally on B&B Kate vs Vivian  on DOOL, Ivy Vs.Rebecca on Passions) so I wish they kept it up with Katherine vs. Allison......Allison could have teamed up with Jill at some point to bring Kay down.