Y&R: Old Articles

• Members

I guess we could always assume that they just sped Jill's pregnancy up (like they did with Lauren's with Scotty) but I wouldn't be surprised if Billy was really Victor's son......

again as long as Jill stays offscreen, there is no chance of Pratt wanting to do a "retcon" of Victor being Billy's father.

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

YRfan23, if I haven't given you enough love yet I want to extend you a GIANT BEAR hug for sharing these summer '93 episodes.:wub::wub: That summer of '93 for Y&R has the fondest memories for me for classic Y&R and being off from school I don't think I missed an episode that summer. 

I'm about to watch them all in the fullest. 

• Members

awe why thank you!  :) you are always so sweet and for all the knowledge you have of classic Y&R that you bring, it's always a pleasure!

I also love that I now have some summer 1993 as I always wanted to see those episodes too, but I will have to get some more, maybe during the next few months! I will be honest and say I choose the ones I did because I wanted to see some of the rare interactions between certain characters at the time I had heard about....LOL

Edited by YRfan23

• Members

Thank you!!! I was hoping to see these 2 episodes again! your such an angel! :)

The other missing 1992 episodes floating around from YT and DM I think are, 1/24/92 (Rex and Kay Re-marry) 4/28/92 (Michael kisses Cricket) 9/29/92 (Olivia in Labor) and 10/14/92 (Scott and Lauren 2nd marriage reception) 

• Members

Watching that 1/3/92 episode and it's a little sad what's happened to Victor's character over the years. Here he was so concerned about Nikki's well being and was trying to get her to fight her alcoholism. Today Victor would probably shame Nikki for her drinking, call her a drunken whore, and then kick her to the curb instead of trying to help. He would then justify his ostracizing of her saying it was to protect his family from negative raging alcoholic. 

• Members

I have to be honest and say I sometimes don't know if it's easier to watch the Victor today or the Victor of the past.....I know the obvious answer, being the past, but even then there are still things that bothered me about Victor(which I know is the same for some).....I couldn't help but feel mostly annoyed watching even the summer 1993 episodes I just got with Victor's funeral/and everyone finding out what was in Victor's will......particularly the fact that the deal to return Jabot to the Abbott's was revoked, which I guess was predictable anyways, but It's still hard not to feel sorry for the Abbotts always losing to this guy, especially if you consider not long before Victor caused Jack and Nikki's son to be stillborn (which I'm kind of pissed Jack didn't keep reminding everyone in that room cause that's the first thing I would address) and to make it worse the smugness from Brad (who let's be real was always sort of being groomed by Bell to be the next Victor) who was out to get Jack just as much as Victor despite all the love the other Abbotts gave him was really undeserved either....I guess it would have helped if John and Ashley were written to be just as conniving as Victor meaning they deserved what they got, but that's the problem they weren't (except for Jack, though Aunt Jack was already at base there) and they never deserved any of it, yet how they forgave Victor so many times is still a mystery...

I really think 1994-1996 was a better period for Victor, he even was made to suffer a little for his actions (a possible punishment from his behavior towards the Abbotts?) and even got punched in the face by Cole (though that scene hasn't appeared yet) and had to deal with his own family drama with Nick being framed for murder... it was really a wake up call, and I think they made Victor realize he couldn't manipulate things the way he wanted....I think he and Jack became "friends" around that time for a little..

Brad also seemed to suffer a bit, after spending so much time letting Victor do things to the Abbotts, with the custody suit with Colleen and of course his heart attack...then going further he and Victor stopped being close as they were thanks to his relationship with Nikki.

Edited by YRfan23