Y&R: Old Articles

• Members

1993 Episode: Nina was a little ho back then! Making the moves on Ryan while Victoria is away. I had no idea Nina was like that lol. Victoria and Jack had a nice relationship though. I'm guessing the 'baby' they are talking about with Nikki is the one that died?

Christine was annoying as !@#$%^&*] even in those days. 

Jill trying to get John drunk so he could get her pregnant was such a hoot to watch!! Damn Katherine sure loved to meddle in Jill's life lol. I'm guessing that this must have been around the time that John and Jill got pregnant with Billy?

How creepy was that scene of Sheila arriving at Lauren's door? Jesus Christ. I found it so dumb that Lauren couldn't tell it was Sheila on the phone though LOL! She couldn't even tell it was her when she was standing right there until she revealed her face.

Once again thanks for these episodes!!

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Your welcome!! :)

I always liked Nina better before she was even in Ryan/Victoria's orbit.....she became so desperate just to please him (much like Steffy on B&B today with Liam IMO) while he constantly played her and Victoria.....I'm glad over the years they matured (something that doesn't happen anymore on this show sadly) but it's still a shame Ryan died....I could never see Scott Reeves fit in on the current canvas of Y&R for some reason though....Chuck Pratt would just make him Ryan's evil twin obsessed over Victoria....

Jill is always a lot of fun in these shows which is why sadly the more Jess Walton stays away the better.....Jill must have met Sheila at some point to do the same martini thing she did with John.....(minus the drug of course LOL) but yes this is when Jill gets pregnant with Billy though at first it seems like it didn't work cause John had gotten a vasectomy the next day, but luckily Jill got pregnant before he got it done...I have the July 5,1993 show to post soon that has the annual Abbot July 4th Pool Party where Jill goes into labor after she gets into a fight with Kay...LOL so fun to watch....

everything about these Sheila scenes is always a sad reminder how Y&R and any soap just doesn't do villains like this anymore....those confrontation scenes with Lauren and Sheila are very powerful (even if I agree it's stupid Lauren didn't recognize the voice, LOL) we will never get scenes like that again!

Edited by YRfan23

• Members

It's been years all I can say......even someone like Tom Fisher is probably better then most of them today (and he kind of is by watching your 05 episodes) 

What's been missing, and probably will never resurface is the amount of psychological tension and build up each of Y&R's villains bought....we followed them all through their journey to madness and watch them reach their breaking points (David and shooting Danny, Cricket and Nina at the ball, Sheila holding Lauren hostage, and Michael breaking through the wall) while enjoying all the beats made in the process of their stories ....

• Members

This is the issue I'm having with our latest villain, Dr. Anderson. I want to see more of this character, I want to see her and her life outside of Fairview, I'd like to see how she operates when she's not plotting Nick's downfall, I'd like to see her associating with the rest of GC, just so she's not so one-dimensional. I'm loving the actress in the role and she looks like she's doing the best with what she has, but they can do so much better than this if they tried. The whole foundation of her character is based on the most tragic of circumstances, she doesn't have to be an unsympathetic psychopath just for the sake of it. Then again, I've heard CP thinks otherwise?

Edited by Y&R21395

• Members

multi-dimensional villains are a thing in the past, which is why I'm sure by Feb Sweeps Dr.Sandy will be carted to the loony bin while Victor does his horrible smirking, cause you know he will get in this mess somehow and be the one to expose her (while at the same time doing horrible things any normal person would wind up in prison for)

• Members

For years there was speculation that Billy was Victor's child and not John Abbott's. The Jill/Victor affair took place around October/November 1992. Jill learned she was pregnant in March 1993. Billy was born on-screen in July 1993 and he was not premature.

Just from the math I can see why the possibility of Victor being Billy's father was out there. Given storylines over the last 6 years, thankfully that didn't happen.