Y&R: Old Articles

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members
Here's Dru's last episodes. Plus all else I have of April '07.

(2007-04-02)

(2007-04-03)

(2007-04-04)

(2007-04-05)

(2007-04-06)

(2007-04-09)

(2007-04-10)

(2007-04-11)

(2007-04-12)

(2007-04-13)

Not a problem at all :) I don't have much from 2006, but I am planning on purchasing those episodes on iOffer hopefully in the near future. So far I have the first half of January, three episodes from April, Nov 10th, and Dec 26-29.

• Members

(Nov 2005) Sheila was scary as hell! I loved the guy who played Tom too, they made an interesting team. Poor Lauren was so oblivious to what was going on..

I see Jill was on a lot more back then. She was heavily involved in Jabot working with Kay, Jack and Phyllis. I really enjoyed Jill interacting with Phyllis. I think this was a bit before Phyllis became completely insufferable.

The Sharon and Abby bond was always so adorable. I hate that the show doesn't acknowledge that now. Sharon was obviously clinging to Abby more because of Cassie's death, and the fact that it made Victoria so jealous was hilarious. 

Nikki always seemed really jealous about Victors connection to Abby, or maybe it had more to do with Ashley but she came across as very shrewish 

• Members

haha I hope there's the obligatory laugh at Lily's scream :P No matter how many times I watch, I cannot look at CK's reaction and think she wasn't excited about the prospect of VR going over that cliff. 

Sheila and Tom, I can't deny, I thought those two had amazing chemistry, both when they were allies and enemies. They bounced off one another really well, it almost reminds me of the Sheila/Mike days on B&B in a way. I'm disappointed they killed him off so fast, but mainly because of what happens to John Abbott afterwards.

I'm guessing Phyllis becomes her unbearable self when the whole Phick thing/feud with Sharon starts up? I find it weird how oddly likeable I'm finding her here as opposed to how much she annoys me by 2007. On a side note, not gonna lie, I've been loving the character since GT took over the role.

• Members

I know these aren't exactly 'classic' shows but I was wondering if anyone had 2011 sometime around Sharon's funeral. I wasn't watching during that time and missed that whole storyline. I know it was a stupid plot but I would be curious to watch simply for SC

• Members

That is fabulous thank you 

Sheila was deliciously evil in those scenes, and I LOVED the music they played it was freaky as hell. Soap operas are most interesting when the have an element of horror to it!

I think 2005 was the last good year Y&R had. I really wasn't a fan of how many of Sharon's scenes involved Brad even though I admired how Brad believed in Sharon in a way Nick didn't.  

• Members

(2005-11-21)

(2005-11-22)

(2005-11-23)

(2005-11-28)

(2005-11-29)

(2005-11-30)

I have to agree there, I love it when Y&R gets really morbid. Another one of my favourites was when the supposedly dead Cameron Kirsten was 'haunting' Sharon back in 2004. And I can't forget about David Kimble. I didn't even know of him until I joined these boards.

• Members

just watched November 21st and 22nd. Tom was such a great villain and SO creepy in his scenes with Ashley. He was obsessed with her! It gave me chills when he came into the Abbott house where John, Gloria and Ashley were talking and spied on them.

I liked how Gloria was written at this time. I know some people found her unbearable as she was so heavily featured but I did find her backstory with Tom the abusive husband really fascinating and laid out some good ground work for the character. They just don't develop characters like that anymore. It makes me sad

• Members

I'm still way behind with 2005, haha but I did finish 9/7 and 9/12.

I didn't think Olivia was still around at this point....I've already said how sad it is that Y&R let her slip away and never bother to bring her back...

Michael just reminded us he's just as crazy as Tom during those confrontation scenes....I love how Sheila sits back and takes it all in....perhaps they would have been a great match if they had interacted in the 90's....

I guess it's safe to assume the sex scene between Tom and Sheila is what gave us Ryder and Daisy....sigh........what bull, though  since I didn't even know those 2 slept together I guess at least Maria got that one bit of "history" right when she decided to create Ryder and Daisy...

Jill and Katherine of course light up the screens which is of course sad at the same time....I laughed so loud when Jill kept shouting at Katherine and she was like "WHAT"!!!! I miss Jeanne so much :(

• Members

The episodes leading up to Dru's fall were so fun to watch but I stopped once I knew what was going to happen next because it becomes so dark and depressing. Dru & Sharon's beef with Phyllis was perfection. That friendship and rivalry was cut way too short