Y&R: Old Articles

• Members

Going back in time here Brenda Epperson left Y&R on 12/21/95 and they gave the character Ashley a break until the infamous Shari Shattuck made her debut on 3/12/96. The opening was updated just for Shattuck! 

Before: 

After: 

I'm also reformatting some 1997 information I have found to be able to post here I should have it posted by tomorrow. 

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I previously noted somewhere, maybe about 100 pages ago lol  that Heather Tom had left Y&R in early '97 and her final airdate was 2/21/97 and eventually returned on 10/2/97. The recast, Sarah Aldrich made her debut on 4/2/97 and only lasted until 7/17/97. Her last scenes were of finding out with Nick that Victor and Diane had become coupled, she didn't even an exit before the show put Victoria in a holding pattern until Tom returned. It was only mentioned later on that Victoria had left town again to handle Newman's international business and take another break from Cole, enough for Cole and Ashley to start an affair when Cole approached Ashley to be the subject/model for a novel he was writing. 

Shattuck's final airdate was 2/22/99, the same day as Sandra Nelson's. 

Edited by soapfan770

• Members

wow so Aldrich was really a "blink and you would miss her"....

maybe I should start collecting some April-July 1997 episodes that might have her on it...There's not much from that year anyway though from watching the credits from those years they had WAY too many characters....though I'm sure they were used more properly back then....

• Members

I didn't mean to post that twice lol. I'm still reformatting that 1997 archive file but I do have that both Ashley Jones and Sabryn Genet both made their debut on 2/18/97 and both Megan and Tricia took an instant disliking for Jill. 

It's interesting there was no break between the transition from Davidson to Epperson yet there were gaps between Epperson and Shattuck and Shattuck and Davidson. Davidson was even still in the opening credits for good month and a half while Epperson was already on. 

Shattuck's first story upon Ashley's return from Paris was because Dina had come back to Genoa City. Ashley was still harboring a lot of resentment and anger towards both Dina and Mari Jo and still trying to understand Blade/Rick.  She also didn't like Nikki and Brad being together. She started moving first seeing a fellow lab co-worker named Adam Hunter as played by Grant Cramer who previously played the infamous Shawn Garret before it went nowhere. She also had a date with a dayplayer character named  Steve that had no further continuance.