Y&R: Old Articles

• Members

Thank You! I watched 8/1 and 8/2 so far

I Know Sheila's return was a big deal, but I didn't realize they advertise her return promos at the start of every episode....that's a clever way of promoting her.....Now we get stupid promos about their latest pets from primetime or other soaps....

These Nikki kidnapping scenes screams a little GH to me, even if that's what the show feels more like now......It's always nice to see Victor and Paul teaming up like the old days....now they are just at each other throats all the time now.....

I don't really care too much for the Brittany giving birth scenes, nor either J.T/Mac/Kevin scenes other then to say it's probably still better then today....It's kind of sad except Kevin unfortunately that J.T Mac and Brittany are long forgotten in the void of Y&R's history....

the scenes with Dru were really good, but it's sad watching these knowing that VR's time at Y&R was coming up and all the crap she would deal with.....it's hard to watch the scenes with her and Lily and with Phyllis knowing how they both felt about her in real life....

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I just finished 8/3 and 8/4

I always have to roll my eyes at Victor easily beating everyone to a pulp......these guys are at least 30 years younger then him....come on now......At least this was before he became the monster he is now, so I can tolerate it a little, plus those guys were vicious at Nikki....so they kind of deserved it....I did laugh at Victor throwing the guy in the air....

the Brittany baby stuff is zzzz...................I didn't realize Mac thought he was J.T's and not Bobby's......

I'll admit I miss seeing Gloria more, though I don't want her to ever eat the show again like she did here.....the scenes with Ashley were nice and I'm surprised they were getting along here....

I didn't know Tom had that "twang" to his voice.....he's kind of cartoonish but I prefer him more to wannabe's like Ian Ward....

It almost sounded like he was implying he sexually abused Michael and Kevin when he said "I'll do worse"....

I'm glad they didn't forget Brad and Lauren's relationship at this point......it's definitely a lot more mature here compared to in the past which is a nice touch, and I liked Michael sort of confiding in Brad....

didn't care too much for the Nick and Victoria scenes......Heinle is still the same even after 10 years though I guess I will have to watch other episodes from this month to see...

• Members

I watched 10/14, 10/17 and 10/18 today, we got a mention of Cassandra Rawlins at one point. I couldn't believe it, I had to rewind and check to see if I heard right, I never thought we'd have heard of her again after the 90s. I love those little bits of history from time to time.

I have to say, although I'm not a fan of J.T, Britt and such, I'm handling them so much better than I am Summer and Kyle. Mariah I love, Kevin I've never had a problem with, and Abby's very surprisingly grown on me, she was the one I hated the most out of the whole bunch until recently.

You're not missing much where Victoria's concerned. I'm bias though, Heather Tom's always been Victoria to me. I can handle Amelia, but it's like watching two totally different characters.

• Members

Wow....I wonder what that's about? I didn't think they even mentioned after the early 90's though Ray-Tech her company always had a minor role in the show.....also I heard Melissa Morgan who played Britney her George Rawlins niece came back in 05 but as a different character...

I've always wanted the younger set on this show to improve but I have yet to see it...I'm just happy Noah's gotten more airtime out of the last 2 regimes, even if I'm not a fan of the Marisa pairing....

• Members

Oh, they were talking about Brad Carlton and how he had a way with seduction and getting what he wants. Jack mentioned that Brad had an affair with Ashley I think? A lot of this was brought up between two separate conversations he had with Neil and Nick, I think Jack was alluding to a potential affair between Dru and Brad.

Noah and Mariah are the two that I've never had an issue with for as long as they've been on, with the exception of screen time of course. I am just glad to see more of them around, it makes a change, I feel like I've barely seen them at all lately.

• Members

Question about Cole. I know Victor was not Cole Howard's father. Was it ever revealed who was, in fact, his father? One site says Rick Daros. I know that she was in a mental hospital with Daros, but wasn't that long after Cole was born? I also remember her marrying her co-conspirator Max Von Bedin(?) around '83. Was that a legit wedding? Just curious...Thanks for anyone that can help!!!

• Members

I'm not certain but I think his name was Marvin Oakley??....I don't know how he became associated with Eve, I just remember I think that's the name brought up in my February 1994 episodes, when they talk about Douglas getting his DNA sample so they could exhume Eve's body to find out if Cole is Victor's son or not...

I don't know why this ever occurred to me but was the whole Rick Darros thing and later Eve stalking Nikki at her first wedding to Victor related?

• Members

I think they both left the" Looney bin" at the same time, causing the two stories.

I had Marvin Oakley (Frank Whiteman) in my Y&R cast list,but I didn't know who he was... Thanks YRfan23!! I appreciate all your videos, by the way, in case I haven't said so before!!

• Members

Ok, haha I feel like the 80's in general had all these short term psychos to cause conflict, but I never know how they all come together..

No Problem! :) and yes I haven't seen this Marvin Oakley fellow but his name is on the credits list for the 2/18/94 episode.....

• Members

Thank you guys so much!

Since Y&R21395 is uploading a bunch of 2005, I figured I would upload the one ep I have from Nov 17, 2005... I think I uploaded it before. Basically, I need to go through all my DVDs and start ripping new stuff like Y&Rfan23 has been doing :)

BTW, the link for 8/17/05 isn't working for me... it says it's private. It should work if it's changed to unlisted.