Y&R: Old Articles

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Lilyan Chauvin who played Lil appeared on the show before in the 70's as Pierre's sister Marianne. She didn't like Sally and blabbed that Sally's baby was Snapper's to Stuart Brooks.

Lilyan hosted a show where she interviewed several soap actors and it is on youtube. I posted several clips a while back.

• Members

That's right, Bill Bell liked to reuse the same actors for different roles over the years so I think Lilyan was just another example, though I wish scenes existed of her as Marianne.....and yes I saw her interviews, I just love how sweet she seemed to be compared to Lil....

• Members

I like Brittany too and it's a shame they decided to drop her....though it's interesting that Sheila was on her way and for some reason I often think they are similar both appearance and visual wise, so I wonder if they didn't want too similar looking actresses on the show....

I know we've often talked about how Sheila never really interacted with the corr people of the show, but I wish they showed Cassandra in scenes with more of those people too, as well as Brittany.....I know they have had to met at least once but I wonder what Cassandra and Jill would be like together?...

• Members

It's funny I read many times over the years Brittany was a love interest of Jack yet I haven't ever seen any scenes of it yet, mainly Brittany's interaction with her Rawlins family side. Her biggest claim to fame is probably the purse twirling in the credits. Then again Cassandra tangled with Victor and Brad which wasn't as fully developed they could have been. I think Sheila could have tangled with at least another man in her life...maybe David? happy.png

Cassandra and Jill would have been a bitchfest, probably similar to Jill and Nikki. Jill probably would have called Cassandra a gold-digger and probably would have little time for her.

Edited by soapfan770

• Members

Yeah I thought her and Lester's Jack did share scenes too...I think there was maybe once an episode where they interacted....perhaps it was something that was dropped before George's death....I do wish that the Victor relationship was explored more as I think Cassandra was exactly the wife Victor always had in mind....

Speaking of Cassandra and Brad I have those episodes from December 1990 coming soon where she drugs Brad into "marrying" her in Las Vegas.....all those scenes were surprisingly hilarious and you will see why when I post them....it's the type of comedy I wish the show continued in later years cause I always thought starting around 1993 the show became more serious and lost some of it's quirkier moments.......I don't really get why she did all that though....this was all leading to her exit anyway.....

I would love to have seen Sheila and David interact only because I can just see him thinking he's got the upper hand and then her turning around and stabbing him in the back as she so often did with other people who tried to outsmart her....Diane ultimately did that to him but you know Sheila would be more vicious...She would deliberately push the trash compactor button if she had any part in that story...LOL

Yeah I can't picture Jill and Cassandra getting along all that well......I could also see Katherine befriending Cassandra and those 2 coming up with schemes to bring Jill down.

Edited by YRfan23

• Members

Brittany and Jack interacted quite a lot from what I've seen (at Jabot, dinner at the Rawlins house). They had a highly charged and flirtatious relationship. Jack teased her a lot and Brittany gave it right back. But soon after she fell for Paul.

• Members

I'm not sure if we have a specific year cut-off for old Y&R, and it is a flashback, but all the same this is the most I've managed to salvage of the car scene during Lauren's kidnapping in early 1992, for anyone who's interested. May the 8th I think the date was?

• Members

Thanks...

boy I know some would argue that 2005 was when the show started to go to hell, but I still think it was probably the show's last "solid" year even if it triggered lots of unpleasant things to come.....

The Sheila story that year may have been a bust, but all the flashbacks were worth it.....I never saw part of that car scene.....I only have another short clip of the car scene where Sheila screams at Lauren to shut up, but it's about 5 seconds meshed in with other clips........It was originally uploaded by justrefined or whatever their name was.......

Lauren seems so calm for some reason, I guess between Shawn and Lisa she was use to this by then...haha

I always hope to get that entire week from May 4-8, 1992 myself where we see Sheila kidnap and bring Lauren to the farm....I posted all the actual farmhouse episodes but always wanted to see the full week before though of course there have been several clips posted over the years....

• Members

I know what you mean, I meshed together a bunch of clips from the kidnapping and only ever had that five seconds worth of the car scene, it's great to finally be able to see a fair portion of it. I'd hoped to see clips from May 4-8 posted on YouTube when a user began uploading the farmhouse storyline and all the Lauren/Sheila clips from the episode with the lab catfight, but no such luck.

The Shawn storyline's one I've only ever heard about myself, I've never actually seen it. With the exception of Lauren getting kidnapped in a cab, I think that was posted on here? I've lost count of how many times I've seen Lauren kidnapped by a psycho since I began watching, I can't believe one woman has so much bad luck. Her and Marlena Evans would make a fascinating interview.

• Members

YRfan23, thanks for posting the May 1990 episodes you have. What a treat it was to see Victoria Rowell's first two episodes. I was surprised to find out she was almost 31 years old when she started on Y&R.

So Dru arrived before Olivia and Sheila, and Mamie was also recast the same month. I'm pretty sure Tonya Lee Williams's first scenes were with Veronica Redd's Mamie.

• Members

Your welcome!! :) I agree it's nice to finally VR's first episode and interesting to see her share scenes with MR's Mamie....I think I enjoy her more with VRF's Mamie, but It would have been nice to see the chemistry developed had MR stayed.....it's interesting how both MR and VRF looked old enough to be Dru and Olivia's aunt yet VRF was only about 10 years older then both TLW and VR, and MR was the appropriate age since I read somewhere she was born in 1931..