Y&R: Old Articles

• Members

I was watching some episodes of a short lived 1970-1971 series called "The Interns" with Christopher Stone, Mike Farrell etc....on youtube and heard some background music that was later used on Y&R in the 70's/80's. The series was produced by Columbia Pictures. In one scene they were playing background music that I remember seeing in the 1975 Y&R Jennifer Brooks mastectomy episode.

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I guess most of the original background music was borrowed from other series....not necessarily a bad thing cause I thought I heard other soaps did that too....

I still associate the music more with Y&R then where it was originally heard from...haha

• Members

Wow ! Thanks for sharing that. So did early Y&R have background music completely borrowed from other Columbia soundtracks or was there original stuff also?

That second theme I think was primarily used for Snapper with that languid, brooding music meant to reflect Snapper's personality.

• Members

I thought that Y&R hired the composers from Bless the Beast Children to do their music ? They brought music from the film, but figured they also composed original pieces for the show over the years.

Sandy DeVore who was a major graphic title maker for movies and TV (the Partridge family opening) created the Y&R logo and did the pencil sketches. When he retired in 1988 they switched to live action shots,

• Members

Does anyone still have the links for the May 1, 16 and October 18, 1990 shows that were originally uploaded by Btm85bubs? I got more episodes from May and October 1990 to share with u guys but wanted to know if anyone still had those episodes?