Y&R: Old Articles

• Members

The more I've seen of Marguerite Ray the more I feel bad she was fired. I enjoyed Redd too but after Ray had been on the show for so long I feel like she still could have held own through Mamie's stories in the 90s.

Talking about old Y&R with my grandma I had to correct about Mamie's exact relation to Dru and Olivia as she remembered them being their mother. Too bad Mamie wasn't given any children herself or had some secret child(with John?) she gave up.

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Thanks.

I wonder if they used old clips of Philip or if Bierdz recorded new audio flashbacks for them.

That was such a powerful scene - it's a shame they didn't go back to it after Cricket and Nina left.

I didn't realize Nathan wasn't with Olivia by this point.

• Members

It's hard to tell, it does sound like new audio...

Did you get to see the scene of Nina sitting in Katherine's chair and doing her expression of her?....that made me crack up so much....Tricia Cast really did a great mockery of Katherine's voice/gestures...

Olivia doesn't appear till June that year....Dru, Sheila, Olivia is the order of the 3 new characters that year.....

• Members

I did. It was funny. A great example of how good Y&R was at laughter and tears.

For some reason I thought Olivia showed up in late '89 - I guess that Christmas episode must have been from another year.

The Cassandra story scenes in this episode have such repetitive dialogue, but I liked the end. And Nina and even the woman who plays Brittany are so luminous and noir-ish. This was such a strong era for Y&R women. Now even a Brittany is far superior to most of the ladies on the canvas.

• Members

You might have been thinking of Christmas Eve 1990....the one that they re-aired in 2000 I think? I actually have that episode to post soon, (the original broadcast)

Here's the first three new October 1990 episodes....

10/1/90

10/2/90

10/3/90

• Members

It's interesting how they had Victor hoisted on his own petard here with his arrogance with Nikki tipping Jack off. You wouldn't have that today.

I didn't realize that Cricket and Danny weren't actually a couple at this point. Her behavior with the rehearsal was so silly - those cost a lot of money. She'd probably get thrown out, not greeted like an adored child. With that said, I do enjoy their sweetness now in a way I didn't at the time.

I have a hard time watching anything with David and Nina.

The Paul and Cassandra scenes are so beautiful, especially the dance (until she freaks out). Doug and Nina were magic together.

Was this episode around the time Bergman and Braeden got into the brawl? We keep hearing the "didn't come to blows" mentions.

• Members

The Cricket and Danny scenes always come across as the type of corny humor you'd see on a Nick jr show...but it was innocent and something that is now frowned upon in today's soaps.

No the fight happen over a year later...I know this sounds awful but I wish there was a security camera footage that showed the fight cause it sounds like Braeden got hit a few times.