DAYS: Behind the Scenes, Articles/Photos

• Members

If you want to see more different acting from Deidre Hall, in the Primetime forum, there is a clip I found on YouTube of Dee appearing on the '80s show, Wiseguy. She is lucky enough to be acting opposite the great Tim Curry!

Glenn Frey and Deborah Harry also appear in the episode (and not as themselves!).

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Thanks!  I have actually seen her whole arc on Wiseguy.  It played on some random cable station years ago.  I loved it!  I think her getting that job derailed her return to Days in 88 or 89, but I thought Wiseguy was a really cool show overall.

• Members

Marlena/Maggie were definitely still close in the early 2000's.  I remember John suddenly disliking her for no reason because he found her gossipy.  But it has been years...Even in the 90's they were quite close when Maggie got pulled out of the closet for random scenes. 

I think DH/SR don't get along in real life or had a falling out a while ago.  At least if you believe the rumors.  It does seem that way.  Suzanne was in the legendary "Never Say Never: The Deidre Hall Story" so they must have been close at one time.  It's a shame because neither character really has any friends on the show and it would be nice if they chatted once and a while. 

• Members

Oh, good ole datalounge back in the day had the craziest rumors!  I used to get a kick out them until they banned soaps or something because it was out of control.  I wish they had an archive I could go back and read them and laugh again.  I never heard anything like that about Suzanne.  In fact I don't think I have ever heard anything bad about Suzanne at all except she might not get along with Deidre.  

That being said, I miss characters having friends period.  We rarely see friendships on current days besides Sonny/Will/Chad.  

• Members

Haven't been back there in years but I will always be proud of the From the Elegantly Understated Tortoise-Shell Desk of Victoria Lord thread I created in DL's soap heyday, which is where this screen name came from. It was my sign off on all posts.

Edited by Vee

• Members

She was indeed so good back then. I don't think she's given more than a handful of good performances in the last 20 years, but I still love her based on what she did back then.

Also nice to see a reminder of the Maggie-Marlena friendship, which disappeared from the screen eons ago. 

• Members

This might be the greatest piece of information you have ever told me!  I love it!

I remember there used to be some hilarious posters with great gossip, but then it got inundated with a bunch of weird stans that were convinced that Steve Burton was the father of Becky Herbst baby and having a torrid affair. Which, given the recent news about the Burton's marriage they were looking at the wrong partner I think.

But for a minute it had the best rumors and behind the scenes tales.  Again, I wish it had an archive so I could laugh at all the posters and their funny jokes.

It's weird because Deidre Hall still has the same mannerisms and pauses that she has now she just changed her style to be OTT instead of subdued like it was in that scene.  The last time I remember being truly impressed by Deidre is when John died and Marlena was (briefly) all women scorned ready to get revenge on Stefano.  She's done some good work with Eileen in Kristen's return as well.  I honestly think you'd be hard pressed to find anything that great since she returned in 1991 though.

• Members

Too bad that Maggie and Marlena don't seem to have that friendship anymore. Maggie was even there and was one of the first people to comfort Marlena when DJ died. 

Anybody know when the Maggie/Marlena friendship just disappeared?

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

I still remember them being friendly in the mid 2000's through the SSK stuff.  I think the friendship completely disappeared once the DH's returned in 2011.  I can't even think of anything recently where they shared dialogue.  Maybe something about Brady or Will/Sonny?  They do really operate in different orbits these days though.  I thought Marlena might be brought into the Sarah/Renee story, but she wasn't lol.