DAYS: Behind the Scenes, Articles/Photos

• Members

Soon after RFK’s assassination, Bell wrote a letter that was published in Variety discussing the way Hollywood portrayed violence in tv and films.

Robert Scott Wilson posted this to his Instagram today.  I guess some CIN Stan’s have been harassing him about his girlfriend, lol.

Please register in order to view this content

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Watching the 66 episodes has ne wondering about Floy Dean/Laura.

I guess it was Bill Bell who was unhappy with her portrayal?

Ted Corday had hired her on Morningstar and moved her to Days so obviously happy with her.

But Bill must have thought that long term with the story he had in mind, she was not suitable.

They lucked out with Susan Flannery.

Floy Dean was on Days, Morningstar and Young Marrieds over the course of a few years and hardly worked after that.

• Members

Because it's an awful idea?  Lol.  IIRC the show teased it, but I don't think there were any serious plans to pair them.  I assume if the fan response was good they might have went with Bo/Jen and John/Hope/Gina for a little while, but I remember most fans hated it.  Someone else may have a better answer,  but I think the media made more of it than what actually showed up on screen between them. 

I personally think it would have been a disaster considering the show was knee deep in the John/Gina/Hope nonsense with Zach just being born.  

• Members

Happy "30th" Birthday, Brady 

Please register in order to view this content

Idk either lol. I can't even remember any of their scenes together at any time on the show. It sounds similar to when they teased Doug and Maggie back in the late 70s. I don't know if I would have been a fan of either pairing, but they both sound interesting. 

• Members

Yabbut the show would've known they were going to do that cover. That wouldn't have been the media on their own being provocative! It would have had to come from the show. I can't explain why they would have pitched such a cover to SOD! Covers were valuable to them. They would not have wasted one. It is a puzzlement.

• Members

Looking at recaps of the era "Bo and Jen hooking up" is literally referring to them bumping into each other in Ireland and teaming up to beat some random bad guy at the time.  That was SOD's misleading wording most likely.  I don't think any cover with PR and MR is wasted because they were popular at the time.  It's just a tagline to sell the magazine.  SOD used to do that all the time.  Bo/Jen were tested for a bit, but that cover doesn't accurately fit what was happening on the show in October 2000.  It wasn't even the lead story.  Brady running around like Gay Zorro and Belle almost getting run over by a train was the A story. 

Long story short, I don't think Days had much to do with it.  They probably just agreed to a cover about Missy/Jen's return since Bo is the first 'real' Days character she interacts with besides Abby.