YRBB

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I thought they said she was appearing in a play or something.  They can keep her. I don't miss her at all. I think Whoopi, Joy, Hostin, CCB, and Paula or Sarah will be the cast next year. Hostin fits in well, and I enjoy her take on things,though I don't always agree with her. She articulates her opinions much better and with more knowledge than others...   Paula and Sarah could basically rotate back and forth,both are pretty good. They'll probably keep CCB, but some of the things that she says are just...SMDH. Raven may be a casualty, but her sexuality may be her saving grace, as "diversity" is important to execs, so...you never know...

• Members

Yeah, it's painfully clear they aren't using Collins. When they have a guest co-host over her who's probably available, that's gotta say something.

I think CCB used DWTS and The View to get back into the spotlight. I don't blame her but I don't know that I see her sticking around. And that's fine. I don't care either way.

I like Sunny Hostin and Sara Haines. I'd prefer they dump Paula but they won't. I'm 50/50 on Raven but I'm tired of her bitch face and eye rolls ... she's very up and down emotionally IMO. I think you can tell she's not as comfortable or happy. JMO. I wouldn't be shocked if they dumped her, or she left, but it could probably go either way. Raven's on more than Michelle but not by much anymore.

And Whoopi isn't even a guarantee. Joy's been in that moderator chair a fair bit and does alright. I was a fan of Whoopi but I'm sort of tired of her now and she's long checked out, so maybe it would be for the best. I feel like ABC sort of wants her to go but is also sort of afraid to lose her name recognition and fan base. She's clearly popular whether you like her or not.

We shall see. I think one of the biggest problems isn't really the hosts themselves it's the constant switching of the hosts every season. The View needs to commit to a group and rebuild their audience. They dropped the ball last year (even though Nicolle Wallace would be better than Faris, IMO, especially with this season being political season and more focus on hot topics again), and they're dropping the ball this year but they're setting themselves up better if they go with Hostin and Haines. I say they just keep Raven. I don't think shaking it up every year works.

Yep. Though I didn't mind Raven initially. I also liked Michelle, mostly, but with Joy coming back, they didn't really need Michelle to be the comedic voice. They were going for a bit younger, and Twitter buzz, which I understand, but the panel wasn't totally clicking.

If Whoopi leaves, with Season 20 coming up, they should back up that Brinks truck next to Meredith Vieria's house and unload. I'm sorry her talk show sunk but IMO she belongs on The View. She could fill the moderator role AND replace Faris as the "journalist".

Edited by KMan101

• Members

This Jedediah person is on my nerves. I thought I read Whoopi already signed for next season...I know Joy is. Faris could leave tomorrow, and I wouldn't really notice. Collins...no need for her...at all. She tries so hard to be funny, but most of her schtick falls flat to me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Unfortunately, Meredith Vieira is still under contract with NBC News, despite her talk show being cancelled so unless it's bought out by ABC I don't think she'd legally be able to and I don't see NBC letting her go, once her show wraps she's headed to Rio to cover the Olympics. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I just have to LOL at how many co-hosts this show has yet they STILL need two or three guest co-hosts a week.

I think Sunny has been great. I'd love her to replace Paula Faris. Michelle Collins is never on and once in a while thrown a bone. Candace has quite a bit of time off. I don't get it. Must be nice. They're wasting money on her IMHO. Dump her. Paula fills that role fine if they insist on a 'news anchor'. I feel like Raven just has no time for Paula LOL.

Melissa Joan Hart hasn't been bad. I'd rather her than Candace's fake ass.

Edited by KMan101