Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Just watching this one and the GL one and look at the difference with our divas. Zimmer who never was a loss for ego comes off as charming, funny and appreciative and supportive of the other actors and Colleen just comes off as brittle and cold..no matter how hard she tries. Can you imagine both of them on one show back in their heyday??!?!!!

• Members

I would never criticise CZ because she has gone through a lot these past years, and no one deserves that no matter their behaviour or personality (and that's leaving aside any problems she has with alcohol). I thought she was a phenomenal actress on the show. Many actors do not have a clear picture of what producers were like because they only see the producers through the material they were given. CZ got her emmy nominations while Goutman was EP. so that's probably what she sees.

• Members

I had the opportunity to interview both Kim and Colleen locally in North Carolina back in 1986. 

Kim was REAL and a total joy. No ego. No diva behavior. Invited me and my friends to tour the set when we visited NYC.   I absolutely loved her. I still do. 

Colleen backed out of her interview because I observed that she was ALL OVER Mark Pinter.  I knew that Colleen Zenk CROUCH was married.  So I asked her innocently if they were together (because the candid photos I took all weekend proved that they were).  That was the end of our interview and she came off badly in my article, sorry to say.  

I’m sorry about her recent family tragedy and her other trials, but she did little to endear me over the years after that.  I’m team Hugo Napier. Team Jackie Schultz. Team Hillary B. Smith. That’s all I’m sayin’.

• Members

I’m watching the second ATWT chat at the moment, and I’m cracking up at all the set furniture they grabbed after the show finished. I’m actually liking CZ’s understatedness here, especially as she tells her stories about Anthony Herrera and the bullfighting scene. And her having to wear SFX makeup for a *year* as part of the disfigurement storyline.

Ellen - “Sometimes being a bitch is all you got left” about Margo’s last years.

• Members

I've always been confused about CZP touting Henry and Barbara as being something major when I didn't see it as much of anything. Personally, I found the pairing to be beneath Barbara. Henry was a character I felt should've left the canvas after he served his only real purpose during his stint, which was the Endicott awards arc when he was blackmailing Katie for creating a fake stalker. It would've been much more endearing to see Barbara accept not needing a man and finding happiness within herself. Especially, when Barbara had such a history of being wrapped up in bad situations with men. 

Do you all that CZP clings to the Henry/Babs story b/c she felt it was finally a bone being tossed in her direction after so many years of being a "talk-to?" 

I mean the last time I fully remember Barbara driving story on the show was about 2005. She did fade into the background and became a cheerleader for Gwen/Will and later Meg/Paul. 

• Members

I think that's part of it. Barbara became a cartoon, particularly during the spa storyline and later during Rose's death. Colleen did admit she had to change a lot about the character during those arcs, even the way she spoke. There was a glimmer of thaw when baby saga was wrapping, when Johnny was returned to Jennifer. I vividly recall a scene with Hal where she learned Johnny was Jennifer's, and Hal telling Barbara they were grandparents. After Jennifer's passing, she didn't have much until the Henry stuff.

• Members

This is a great post and pretty much sums it up.

BTW watching the first reunion again but this time on TV instead of a laptop and its so much better. I missed the first few minutes the first time. The love for Don from his cast mates is so sweet .

• Members

I've always said that turning Barbara into a villain and a loon after she was disfigured in that fire was a mistake.  If anything, they would have been better off having her die in that fire (which was Hogan Sheffer's actual, original plan, if I'm not mistaken).

• Members

I think this is the second time CZ has gone on record to criticize the Barbara/Gunnar pairing, and it's funny, because I remember clear as day when they made a ton of videos for the show's 50th anniversary, she specifically said that her favorite storyline was "early Barbara, James, and Gunnar."

This thread is the first I heard a lot about CZ not being the most pleasant person behind the scenes.

• Members

I don't think Barbara was in a position as a character by the time of that pairing for the relationship to be beneath her. I thought it was a fun, harmless story that allowed Barbara to be written as a somewhat multi-layered character for the first time in 10-15 years. 

The early story was all that silliness about psychic flashbacks, which might have been fun to play, I don't know. So much of the rest of the pairing seems to amount to Barbara being a victim.