As The World Turns Discussion Thread

• Members

That's interesting! I think I remember now reading she had done ATWT in the past but couldn't even remember when. I do recall the first time I watched the episode here Dorothy Connors confessed to killing Whit McColl I watched the credits and was like "who the heck are these people writing the show?!" as almost none of the credited names in that era rang an immediate bell. 

Klein was responsible for bringing Damien back and then having him remain as a monk correct while having Emily erase all the evidence of Kirk's involvement in Diego's murder right? Yeah no wonder she didn't last long. 

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I loved the cast's obvious affection for Don..especially Kelley tearing up and saying he "smelled good" ( I knew he would) and reminded her of her dad. After watching that I felt like someone wrapped me up in a big old comforter!

• Members

I'm so confused by this non-issue being discussed that I actually went back to check the video. 

There was a momentary confusion over different Scotts, while at least four people were mentioning at least four different Scotts. That has absolutely nothing to do with memory from my perspective.

At a later point he wasn't able to reproduce the name of Steve Bassett, who was the co-star that was with him, Kathy and Julianne in during the Sabrina storyline in Europe. Can we please remember that he was on the show for 50 years? He was asked about a co-star that he has exactly one storyline with, 34 years ago. If that's a memory issue than I think we all have memory issues. As others have said, the actresses had trouble remembering which of their own children was born during the Spa storyline.

I'm sorry, people are entitled to their own opinion, but I think these comments are highly disrespectful to a wonderful man who has given his entire life for this show. If we want to get more vets to appear in these chats, this is not the way to go about it.

I, for one, remain absolutely shocked over how young Don Hastings came across, both inside and out. He was the absolute highlight. I'd love to see which other vets are game to do one of these.

• Members

That person should have used the last name.."Chamberlin" instead of "Reardon" cause that was when Van was at her petty bitchiness!

I remember after 9-11 and they had Hastings, as himself do a "Were getting back on our feet, heres to the first responders" speech at the end of an episode. A friend of mine called me and said..."Its going to be okay, cause Bob Hughes told me so."  I feel everything's going to be okay cause Bob Hughes looks and acts great to this day!

• Members

I feel so silly for crying off an on throughout that mini-reunion but I sure did. It was so good to see a few of them together again. I mostly cried whenever Don Hastings was talking - he and Doctor Bob somewhere seemed to have become the same person over his 40 years on the show. Watching him talk seemed as if Bob Hughes was catching me up on his life. Oh, I miss those people!! Even though I’ve got so many years still to watch that I’ve never seen.

Speaking of which, I need some HELP! I’m at the middle of 1991 - the rest of the year is sparse with not many episodes. I had been catching up on the Tumblr site Classic As The World Turns SOD recaps page but they stop in April 1991. Does anyone know of anywhere else to read detailed recaps of the time to help me with the gaps between episodes? Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

I have the 40th Anniversary book so can catch up through that but it’s not as detailed and they go by storyline rather than timeline so I can’t know where each storyline is perfectly between the missing episodes. Again, thanks if anyone can help! Feel free to PM me.

• Members

I'd love to know the answer to that one. The scrapbook is super detailed about the late 80s, but gets very sparse in the early 90s. I am still continuously surprised to learn about storylines that I didn't even know about. I keep wishing the person who ran that tumblr would suddenly pop back up and resume it...