As The World Turns Discussion Thread

• Members

Was Tom Degnan's run as Adam Munson always meant to be Short term

Did they ever say where Jade #2 (Davida Williams) went?

Did the show not know how long Alex Chando was gonna stay during her return as Maddie? Her story seemed to have a lot of false starts and Stops

Was her iut of no where exit also doom Evan Alex Cole's run as Hunter?

Edited by John

• Replies 15.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Maybe Alex will tell us. Spill some TEA!

I think the answers to all your questions ultimately arrive at “Goutman.”  He threw away a lot of characters that didn’t work...and some that did. I liked Hunter. I liked Maddie. I even liked the last Lucy. 

You have to pretend all that Adam mess never happened. You have to. There’s no way that Chase Lawlor’s Adam became...that.  Didn’t care much for Casey’s jackassery either.  These were nice boys from a good home. That really happens in the real world, y’all!

• Members

So...there’s one thing about hating a particular period of the show and being bitchy about it. I get that; however, when it crosses the line to being offensive, I’ve got to say something.

What, in your opinion, is wrong with “playing gay character after gay character?” As a gay human being, what is you said is one of the most offensive things you could possible say. You’re intimating that there is something wrong with only playing gay characters. Why? Because straight characters are....what exactly? Would you say to the straight actors on the show who have continued to work - Michael Park, for instance: “Hey Michael, what’s up with you only playing straight character after straight character since you left ATWT. I mean, that’s pretty limiting, don’t you think? It also really goes to show you aren’t much of an actor.”

There should be some sort of moderators picking up this offensive crap.

• Members

images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcQpFLDWzVF9GEZJet3fIIt wasn't meant to be offensive. Again chill...

I love Tom as Adam. Sad it was too short.

Don't recall second Jade and I had forgotten about Hunter....he was cute.....wasnt he Emily's son? I forgot how this absurd story went down.

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

The Adam stuff was too much (though I did love Matthew Cavanaugh), but I was totally here for Casey Hughes being a sht. Some of the biggest assholes come from a good home, especially one like the Hughes home, where the illusion was that was they were always on the "right" side of the an issue. The problem is, of course, as always, ATWT had some great, domestic storylines just within reach and refused to jump up and grab them, especially with the teens. The Maddie/Noah/Luke triangle that could have been revolutionary was steamrolled because we needed Luke and Noah to be together Right Away God Dammit. Jade's interloping with Gwen and Will should have been played much better, and Casey as the [!@#$%^&*] Hughes who had a past with Gwen could have finally wiped the slate clean and worked with them to get Jade in check.

The problem is that ATWT stories last for all of a month, maybe a month and a half, back then, unless it was some ridiculous, long, drawn-out, depressing Paul/Emily bullshit.

• Members

Casey, Will and Adam were all morphed into characters that seemed better suited for the Shameless TV show on Showtime. There's dysfunction and then there's the Shameless brand of dysfunction and it seemed really discomfiting, considering the roots of those characters.

We're seeing this on the remaining soaps but for some reason, P&G shows like ATWT and GL seemed to be the forerunners for this type of plotting structure.  I'm currently watching GL episodes from the mid 90s and you can really see the point where storyline arcs start to shorten and the storylines start to become inconsequential.

• Members

You really need to relax. You're out of control. I already explained. If you're not satisfied with it fine...you don't have to like me or what I say but yelling at me isn't helping.

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

I feel kinda bad tuning out, especially after stating how important it could be if these livestreams got a lot of clicks but this conversation has got to perk up soon or I'm exiting this livestream. They should've tried to get Zach Roerig and Jessica Dunphy.

Edited by DramatistDreamer