Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I am still loving these live chats, but I do wish Alan would have spent a bit more time asking ATWT-related questions. In the other two, I loved hearing which castmates they are still in touch with.

With this group especially, I just think it's really nice that they are all still up for it. Most of them were young when they were on the show and were only there for a few years. It would have been too easy for them to want to play down there involvement in soaps, but they all still seem very appreciative. I wasn't expecting Agim and Alexandra to know each other as well as they seemed to, as Alexandra came on after Agim left. Then Agim returned when Alexandra was on the way out, and when Alexandra returned, Agim was gone.

Also, it's funny how sometimes when you are only accustomed to reading - not hearing - a name, you find out that you have been mispronouncing it for nearly 20 years. I've always thought Agim was pronounced Adjim.

I respect Van for refusing to name-and-shame, but I DO wonder which actor he was referring to. 

Like many others, I would love to see vets and/or Marland-era actors, but I do think we need to be realistic about this. Out of the older actors, not everyone is going to be as good with technology as Don. And from the Marland-era, not everyone might be willing to revisit a job from 30 years ago. Plus, I get the impression - not sure though - that Alan was only with the show for the final decade or so, so he might not even be able to contact some of those people. I think our best bet might be if some of the actors, like Martha, spread the word.    

• Members

I only learned how to pronounce Agim Kaba's name because of Cady McClain's odd but sorta endearing explosion of love for him and Peyton List at the end of her Emmy speech (made even more unintentionally hilarious because of the wrap-it-up music chiming in at just the right time.

And yes, because I'm sure it'll be mentioned even though it's irrelevant, Chris Goutman is mentioned and seen during her speech. That's not why I embedded the video.

I also feel as though you're not going to get anyone who was done with the show by the late 1990s or early 2000s. He's reuniting with the people he worked with and actually knows.

• Members

Reminds me that Cady really did the best work of her career during her first stint on ATWT. Probably the only ABC transplant that worked, and I never knew she had it in her after the last few years of her second stint as Dixie on AMC (you could tell she hated playing the character at that point). 

Edited by BetterForgotten

• Members

Even if/when they do have chemistry, if you look closely, you can often see brief moments where there is some occasional awkwardness.

I was only occasionally watching at that point but I remember when I found that out, I thought it seemed fairly pointless. It seemed as if they were trying to get some sort of tension out of that situation (because his relationship with Barbara, I guess) but it just pretty much generated a shrug. James had already gotten a surprise son years ago, so giving him another one and one who lacked any gravitas seemed especially weird. Also with James only being on the canvas occasionally, it would have had more dramatic impact if Maddie and Henry discovered they were somehow related to Grant Coleman, one of Lisa's ex-husbands, it would've given Lisa something to do in those last years of the show.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

Maybe he can rely on Martha and Don Hastings to connect to some of the other actors. If someone could get John Wesley Shipp on, that might lead to Julianne Moore since they're still in touch (at least on social media they are) and Moore has talked at length about her working in soaps on podcasts and TV, so I don't think she's completely unreachable.

I wonder if Gregg Marx keeps in touch with anyone? I think he'd be fascinating to have on the show.

Last year, I remember watching an uploaded episode on YT and in the comments someone claiming to be Bill Shanks' nephew posted a comment, lol. I'd love to hear from some actors we haven't heard from in a long time. I bet they'd have some interesting perspectives.