As The World Turns Discussion Thread

• Members

I think she like it as James/Babs/Gunnar were part of about 8 characters the Dobsons wrote for and those people got a LOT of airtime...(this included John/Dee/Tom/Margo/Betsy/Steve..) so she liked it. She was THE heroine of the show at that time.

I didn't mind Henry and Babs except I just wish they would have admitted he was gay...on the eve of their wedding they could have had a talk and either Babs would let him go and be his bestie and still have fun, or they could have gone ahead and gotten married...("Okay, you go with your guys and Ill go with mine but we keep it discreet: ) now wouldnt that have blown Bob and Kim's minds!!!

Hey, I love Kimmer but we all know she has an ego and she knows how to play to the fans. Nothing wrong with that..its cutthroat out there...I can seem Kimmer right up there with the golden age movies starts playing the game..Joan Crawford would meet her match!! : )

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I wouldn't have minded that either. I did like Henry and Barbara but he'll never be her big true love for me (that was Hal). I was mostly just glad she had something to do beyond the turgid stuff with Sheffer. Barbara and Lucinda were probably the main two reasons I watched the last year of the show - I'd tuned out in the early '00s and only came back when I heard it was being canceled. If I'd had to sit through Liberty, Janet, Paul, etc. I would have gone through a window. 

• Members

I wouldn't blame Zenk for downplaying the Barbara/Gunnar pairing in her later years----given her longevity on the show, it was a small part of her story arc. I was surprised when I realized HN was only on the show like 2 years. And could you blame her for getting tired of playing the Perils of Barbara stores of that time? I couldn't.

I'd heard those "difficult" rumors for years. Mainly in relation to Jackie Schultz and HBS. But also with Benjy. Not everyone gets along. 

• Members

Didn't CZP say at one point that she and BH didn't get along because he refused to memorise scripts? He would just come in and wing it?She also talked about his mental health difficulties so I can imagine it was not easy to work with someone in that situation. I don't know any of these people personally so I have no idea what they are like in real life, but I try to give people the benefit of the doubt since we never know what's happening in their personal lives. 

• Members

If memory serves me correctly, she also seemed to imply that he had been drinking at times too.

If CZ tired of playing the victim, well nobody victimized her like James Stenbeck, I'm surprised she never mentioned that. Despite AH's obvious talents, after the late 80s, there was no real reason for Stenbeck to keep returning, and the stories bringing him back became more and more pointless.  I guess CZ just enjoyed playing off of AH more than HN because there was no way the last two returns of James Stenbeck were anything to fawn over.

I've seen pictures of her at some event with HN and she seemed thrilled to see him, so I'm guessing the critcisms weren't personal, BH otoh, seems quite a different story.

To me, it still seems as if over its very long history, ATWT seemed to have relatively little friction between the actors.  It seemed to be a handful of people and everybody else just seemed to do their job and go home.

• Members

There was some tension but it usually centered around a select few, Colleen being one of them stretching all the way back to back her notorious feud with Jacqueline Schultz which ran off a young Ariane Muenker/Ariana Chase from the show. 

The only other big behind the scenes scandal I can think of for ATWT during its later years was Eileen Fulton's feud with TPTB and of course a very married Austin Peck and a very married Terri Colombino involved in a very torrid affair that got Peck fired.