Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

This quote is of me: Okay, Scott Holroyd was fired. Roger Howarth was brought on. Dusty claimed not to have been to college when before that retcon he had been to Harvard. Leah Laiman had been brought on. Holden had sex with Rose & didn't realize it *was* Rose, instead thinking it was Lily (which is one of soap's ridiculous tropes). Holden had a hilarious reaction to Rose's Native New Jersey accent. Rose paid for her sins by being killed off. Lily was supposed to have grieved the loss of Rose through song & for a long time.

Now, someone has told me all of this happened on air. So, I may have gotten confused about some stuff about Lily & Rose & Dusty & Roger Howarth.

Thanks.

• Members

John who? And, yes, Dusty & Molly historical retcon plus Jack & Molly historical retcon! When Jack should have been in Chicago but Jack's whole family took part in the retcon of Jack & Molly having crushes on each other as teens. Every Snyder reinforced that retcon! Is the John Dusty treated poorly John Dixon? Well, that little beast. Who was he living with? Not John? LMAO, this Oh Snap clip is getting me!

• Members

Geez, I feel fortunate to either have forgotten or simply not been watching some of this crap.  If the show wanted to pull a character from Luther's Corners that Dusty could have met, why didn't they just use Janie Cobb? And Janie and Holden dated so it might have at least made use of some plausible history, instead of nonsense.

• Members

The sins of taking over Lily's life? I swear she died long after that story ended. It always felt to me like Rose died because Martha Byrne was tired. Rose and Lily were heavily frontburner for 3 years. I hated her by the end anyway so no big loss for me.

• Members

Janie and Holden dated in the 1980s on and off, presumably before he met Lily.   Back when he was deviously plotting to get in between Dusty and Lily, (while his sister Meg was trying to seduce Dusty), I remember a few occasions where Holden deliberately used Janie to make Lily jealous. She appeared onscreen, more than once.

I hate it when soap writers pull characters out of nowhere and create some ridiculously spun backstory.  At least use someone that can be seen in a classic clip, then it might have some resonance. Even if you didn't see Dusty and Janie "together", viewers can still draw the conclusion that it was plausible since everybody knew that Janie lived in Luther's Corners and existed during that time. 

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

Jack had a teenage crush on Molly, but it was not mutual, she only had eyes for Holden.

"Previously unknown relatives" always get some kind of retcon. As time went on (and continuity was a thing of the past), Jack would sometimes go on about knowing teen Lily, when his intro to the show revolved around Lily (who was in jail at the time) not recognizing him.

• Members

I'm wondering if someone can help me out. I recently rewatched the Tom & Margo wedding episode (1983-06-01), and there are a few characters that I have trouble identifying. I've managed to capture some screenshots, which I will attach.

The first one I think is Cricket, whom I have seen in only one or two other episodes and am therefore not sure of. Is it indeed her?

Please register in order to view this content

The second was seen with Kim at the wedding, but since the whole event is such an impromptu gathering, he might not be related to Kim story-wise (he came from a tennis match, apparently). Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get a good close-up, but you can make him out next to Kim in the shot. Side note: I love Kathryn Hays and Kim, but the carrying-around-a-dog-look seems like a rather extreme departure of the character's essence, no?

The third one appeared from a limo with Barbara. During the close-up shot the music was rather ominous. I got the impression he's some sort of bodyguard, but I also got the impression he's not who he's pretending to be. I believe Barbara is married to Gunnar at this time, right? Any idea who this man is?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Brolden