Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

You're welcome. I wanted to copy & paste the way others do in these threads but the downloads were a bit messy and I lost patience (it's late), lol.

It's fascinating to see how big these soaps were at one point--they were global!  I'd love to hear the perspective of some Aussie ATWT fans.  I wonder how long the show aired there?

• Members

i believe ATWT had 2 runs on Oz TV in the 70's on the 9 and 10 networks.

The Nine network was home of US soaps with DOOL as the centerpiece.

I believe ATWT had a late morning slot and ran no longer than a year.

Later the 10 network tried ATWT in competition at midday opposite 9's popular talk/variety show but it lasted only a few months.

This is all from memory but I'll do some research to find out more.

Found a listing from Fri 28 Feb 1975

9 Network

12 pm DOOL

12.30 Y&R

1pm ATWT

1.30 No Man's Land (local 'womens issues')

2pm GH

2.30 AW

3pm SFT

So Aussies were well served for US soaps

By Sept 75

10 am AW

12pm DOOL

1pm Y&R

1.30 No Mans Land

2pm GH

2.30 SFT

3pm Dinah

So the expansion of AW and DOOL bumped ATWT off the schedule, so it musn't have been too popular

Edited by Paul Raven

• Members

Australia is the country that produced Paradise Beach and inflicted Ingo Rademacher on us all, so I find their taste to be somewhat dubious. 

Please register in order to view this content

I'd love it if there was a playlist of Halloween and costume themed episodes up on YouTube.  I'd mention Dailymotion, except I tend to forget that it exists these days.

• Members

Been getting hooked on 80s ATWT episodes lately, and finally got around to this one - Steve and Betsy’s wedding. I also loved the other storylines going on at this time, eg. the contract out on Steve’s cousin Frank, as well as Craig in jail for his kidnapping of young Dani.

I enjoyed the closing credits being all about the wedding. Was it true that this gave ATWT some of its highest ever ratings during the 80s?

Another thing I noticed while watching these episodes as well - I hardly saw Craig interact with any other members of his family - it was almost as though he operated in an entirely different universe to the rest of the Montgomerys (Lyla, Margo, Cricket). Although there is a scene in this episode where Lyla visits Craig in jail and tearfully apologises to him for not supporting him during his trial. The performances of both Scott Bryce and Anne Sward were just incredible in that one scene.

• Members

Am I wrong, or is that music playing under the closing credits different from what originally aired?  I could swear they played "Nobody Loves Me Like You Do" as the credits rolled.

Yeah, I think Steve and Betsy's wedding garnered huge ratings for the show.  Twenty million watched that episode, placing it second (I think) behind Luke and Laura's nuptials as one of daytime's most watched weddings.

• Members

You're not wrong. Unfortunately the SoapClassics DVDs couldn't secure music rights (if they tried, I don't know) and opted for this generic plucky music instead.  It's really a shame because that outro was distinctive and iconic.  Who wouldn't want Whitney Houston and Jermaine Jackson singing during the closing credits preserved for all posterity?!

• Members

The downside of that is that those choices leave little footprint on the show's (fading) legacy because it's unlikely that P&G would ever get the rights to the music for any future sales of these videos.  So, as a result, we get a bootleg version of "Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head" rather than a

Please register in order to view this content

Whitney & Jermaine duet.

I'm not sure what the story would be though, if ATWT didn't get any monetary gain out of it (i.e. stream for free on YT) then again, P&G would probably never allow this to happen, they'd want to make money whether from direct sales or from $$ made from ads on streaming sites. 

• Members

Could Jeff look anymore bored at the wedding? Diana's apartment or hotel room looked like the 80s spewed all its horrible designs in one place,  it seems weird to see Kim making eyes at anyone else but Bob, Whit looks like a nasty old perve, that toupe is too much. Lucinda is just a name drop at this time, and I love the line..."What are you doing here? There is a contract out on  your life!"  Only on a soap!