Jump to content


edgeofnik

As The World Turns Discussion Thread

Recommended Posts

17 hours ago, Soaplovers said:

I recall after she found out Larry cheated on her...she sat depressed in her robe..and I thought maybe it was the start of 'bad' Susan coming back..but it was quickly dropped. 

 

Yeah, something had definitely changed in how the character was being written by then.  What year did Larry and Susan get together, does anybody remember?

Also, what year was that affair?  Was it close to the character's exit?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DramatistDreamer said:

 

Yeah, something had definitely changed in how the character was being written by then.  What year did Larry and Susan get together, does anybody remember?

Also, what year was that affair?  Was it close to the character's exit?

 

I think they got together in 1991. 

 

I think Larry left in 1995 for a new job, and then Emily (?) learned he was cheating and he may have come back long enough for the wrapup. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/14/2019 at 8:11 PM, Soaplovers said:

I recall after she found out Larry cheated on her...she sat depressed in her robe..and I thought maybe it was the start of 'bad' Susan coming back..but it was quickly dropped. 

Lord..all of Larry's dullness rubbed off on Susan!

 

I really hated that Marland never let her go full force off on Lisa..when Lisa confronted her about her affair and wouldn't let it go. Open marriage Susan would have called Lisa out for being a sl*t herself.  "Lisa, I have sex because I like it, not to find a man to give me self worth. Now take  your feathered boa and get the hell out of here!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's not an uncovered 70s or 80s episode, but munecojim recently uploaded (among others) the February 16, 1999 episode, which to my knowledge was not previously on YouTube. I have updated the full episode list accordingly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could someone help me identify a few characters in the December 30, 1993 episode?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiGTddxH-K8

 

 

I am trying to find out who the couple is that Duncan and Jessica run into at around 2:44. Could it possibly be Dick Latessa and Ann Mitchell as Ambrose and Jane?

 

I am also wondering if I'm correct in assuming the man they run into at around 25:53 is Jessica's brother Lamar? Is it Michael Genet in the role?
Was Lamar involved with security at the Falcon Club?

 

Thanks in advance!

 

 

On 10/16/2019 at 5:56 PM, slick jones said:

I can't read the other but the last name of the actor may be James or Jones

 

I think I may have found it: Neal Jones as Randy Selkirk. The character is mentioned at the start of the episode.

Edited by Brolden

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's definitely Jane talking to Duncan and Jessica. If that's supposed to be Ambrose, it's a sub.

 

And yes, that's Lamar, played by Michael Genet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/23/2019 at 6:16 PM, Brolden said:

Could someone help me identify a few characters in the December 30, 1993 episode?

 

I'm going to keep doing this, as long as you all don't mind...

 

June 28, 1988:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUoBZGf5FLw

 

At 23:27, the first prize winner is drawn at the AIDS ball. Am I correct in saying that it is Nella Franklin? If so, does anyone know if it is Kasi Lemmons or Victoria Rowell in the role?

Thanks in advance!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Brolden said:

 

I'm going to keep doing this, as long as you all don't mind...

 

June 28, 1988:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUoBZGf5FLw

 

At 23:27, the first prize winner is drawn at the AIDS ball. Am I correct in saying that it is Nella Franklin? If so, does anyone know if it is Kasi Lemmons or Victoria Rowell in the role?

Thanks in advance!

 

That is without question Victoria Rowell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Spent the last month just binging on ATWT, AMC, GL ... God. So good. I hope folks appreciated it when it was good. And even the bad is better than what we got in their last years.

 

Random thought but how lucky was Lyla? Casey is so cute. Too bad they created such an annoying twit who lasted way too long dominating the show. I swear, any episode from the 2000s, ANY random episode you click on, has Katie in it. And she's usually with a man fawning over her like Henry or Mike. Lord. I almost forgot how bad it was for so long ... did Goutman have a hard-on for Terri Conn?

 

Kinda interesting how the visits of Ellen and Penny and Lyla stop pretty soon after Goutman arrives (of course you have the AW invasion in 1999 so gotta make room). Really a shame they dumped Patricia Bruder. But by then Susan was turned boring so I imagine they figured "we have Emily doing bad things and Susan reacting so why do we need Ellen? We have Nancy why do we need Ellen?" That's one of the biggest mistakes soaps have made. You NEED these folks as talk-to's. But the soaps stopped a long time ago really trying to write for characters so ... he was there when they were brought back, did he stop because they didn't really raise the ratings? Did Hogan just have no interest in having folks show up for visits?

 

I also think some of those returns were under Lorraine Broderick. Though the 1998-2000 period kinda blurs together for me so I'm probably off a tad on who was writing and producing when.

Edited by KMan101

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, KMan101 said:

 

 

Random thought but how lucky was Lyla? Casey is so cute. 

Yes, she was. Casey played by Bill Shanks was a hunk. I recently saw an episode on YT from 1987 where he and Paul and Andy are at the yacht club pool and Casey is in his trunks shirtless. All that hunky chest hair.... Lord......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Soapsuds said:

Yes, she was. Casey played by Bill Shanks was a hunk. I recently saw an episode on YT from 1987 where he and Paul and Andy are at the yacht club pool and Casey is in his trunks shirtless. All that hunky chest hair.... Lord......

 

Yeah, I've always thought he was cute but this is the most I've spent watching long stretches of episodes/months and he's yummy as hell, lol!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Brolden said:

At 23:27, the first prize winner is drawn at the AIDS ball. Am I correct in saying that it is Nella Franklin? If so, does anyone know if it is Kasi Lemmons or Victoria Rowell in the role?

Thanks in advance!

 

1 hour ago, Darn said:

 

That is without question Victoria Rowell.

 

Victoria Rowell was Nella Franklin #3. 

Nella Franklin #2 Kasi Lemmons had departed from the role when her iteration of Nella left with Beau Farrell.  I hated what that storyline did to Pam and Nella's friendship, another casualty of material written during the Writer's Strike.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, KMan101 said:

 

Yeah, I've always thought he was cute but this is the most I've spent watching long stretches of episodes/months and he's yummy as hell, lol!

Here's the episode I mentioned

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...