Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Does anyone know if the Kim/Sabrina meet/reunion is on YouTube? I couldn’t find it during on a regular search. Maybe it’s tied to a daily episode or a compilation of JM’s best moments? 

I just remember it was remarkably authentic - especially for a sorta retcon - though I seem to remember that they showed an old clip of Kim ‘losing’ her baby. I was never a KH fan, but I was stunned at how beautifully acted those scenes were. OC, as a huge JM fan, she made everything great so I’m automatically biased by her work! 

Any guidance would be helpful. And I hope I’m not ‘over’ remembering how good it was! 

• Members

Open-marriage Susan would've been better to the boring Mom the character morphed into.  It was almost as if, Susan had to be "tamed" into eternal domesticity as retribution for her affair with Bob.  Most of the women characters were "dulled down" after the mid-late 90s.  They tried to make Carly "Superbad" to make up for all that dullness

• Members

@Soapsuds The Kim/Sabrina scene was just as perfect as I remembered it! No dialogue. I'd forgotten about the quick cuts to the Mom/Child. Thank you for finding it for me! 

Separately, I'd forgotten that this was the end of the 'child' Emily. It was only when Melanie Smith was cast a few months later that it was believable that James would hook up with Emily. That 1987 cast was pretty darn solid (except for miscast Emily).

@DramatistDreamerDarn Marie Masters really could kick butt! And she should've never lost her edge. I loved the way she could flew in the face of all things wholesome and Stewart! 

The Marland-era work really did stand out.  

Edited by edgeofnik

• Members

When she was hoeing it up with Dr. John and then Dr. Bob? 

Seriously though, I think she had her dalliance with John around 89, when Lucinda pushed her into the Christmas tree and she injured her back. She had the affair with Bob sometime around 90.

I was thinking farther along by the time she was with Larry.