Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

These days she's best known as Billie Eilish's mom that is pictured in that thumbnail. 

What I liked most about Casey was the way that he was written initially.  He was introduced in a way that was gradual, he was integrated into the cast in a way that made him a distinctive character yet he didn't take over storylines, he was absorbed into storylines alongside other character.  I think making Casey a would-be rival with Seth Snyder for Frannie Hughes' affections helped to integrate the character by surrounding him with various characters in a way that stood out but not too much.  By the time, he had branched off into a separate storyline as a result of being paired with Lyla, viewers felt as if we had grown to know this character. 

Soaps today do not take the time and effort to do this (I don't know why, since it's only their job).  When Katie was brought back as an adult, the writers certainly didn't bother to try to gently integrate her character with the rest of the cast, they just created storylines to revolve around her which is why I think there was so much resentment of the character (which I think eventually trickled down to feelings about the actress among some viewers). 

As a doctor at Memorial, Casey was surrounded by Hughes, Dixons, Walshes (he was Lucinda's physician also), as well as Synders, Stewarts and eventually Montgomerys. This is why soaps always included doctors, lawyers, and proprietors of businesses in their cast of characters, so easy to integrate into the canvas because they interacted with most of the town, regardless of class and stations in life.  

• Members

Wait... you're saying AFTER KL's Nella left with Beau, she returned with VR in the role? I don't think that's right, is it? 

I have been trying to find out where KL's stint ends and VR's stint begins, but the character is on so little that it's kind of hard to figure out.

• Members

1996 this time... 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHaOhkgMkOo

Around 4 minutes in, a scene starts involving three men, none of whom I recognize in the slightest. I think they have something to do with this Bill Mason figure that kept being mentioned in the episode, although I'm not sure any one of them is him. Other names that I think are related to Mason are Clegg, Switzer and Quinlan. I must admit I'm not very well-versed in 1996, and I'm quite hazy on the Bill Mason plot in general, so if anyone could shed some light on it, that would be great.

• Members

Most of us who were fan activists felt that Goutman came very close to saving "Another World" We were part of the Another World Fan Brigade first, lead by Tom Freeman After that we were members of the Committee to Save Another World. MADD (PGP) and Susan D. Lee (NBC) took positioins where they were prepared to cancel "AW" Mickey was traveling to China. She came back to the USA & set AW up for cancellation - even before the deadlines that she had set up came along. Susan D. Lee set Frankie up for a competitive challenge. Ratings had gone up under Chris Goutman. Passanante had been a failure. The cast was told she would bring romance to the show but she did not. Michael Malone had been a failure. Lisa Peluso was a success, as was the show bible, Bourbon Street.

AMEN!

-

• Members

Good lord how on earth did you all sit through As Lily's World Turns?

It's unbelievably comical seeing basically the entire town constantly worry about her. They really wanted her to be the Laura Webber of ATWT. Jesus it's a bit much. I knew about it, but watching so much of it it's beyond overbearing, lol. How did the actors not laugh?

Craig's presumed dead but Sierra is worried about how Lily is handling it. I mean, laaaawd .... lol. Sorry Sierra, Lily's too busy finding out she was adopted and her mother is her boyfriend's sister and her father is a rapist. But anywho ... good episode otherwise. I've seen it before but after watching so many episodes it's just ridiculous how Lily centric the show is. Otherwise it's mostly great.

None of this is a new revelation obviously, I've known how Lily centric it was but lord ... lol. Hearing about it and seeing it are two different things, lol. Ya'll weren't kidding one bit.

Edited by KMan101